General Question Natural Remedies for ???

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Happy Holidays to you all.

Awhile ago I am sure I saw a post or two on the website about a couple of natural remedies that I purchased And used for a short time but now I am not 100% sure what they were recommended for.

Euphrasia, I believe it was for eye problems. I would like to know if this is correct and if so what is the correct dosage ?

Boswellia, I believe it was for joint pain or problems. I would like to know if this is correct and if so what is the correct dosage ?

Just an FYI - My bullie Bella was having several problems (UTI, skin and ear infections) for years and the only thing that helped cure these problems was antibiotics but the cure never lasted very long so eventually after several people recommending it I finally changed her diet to a totally raw food and tripe diet just over two months ago. When I started her on the raw food and tripe diet I stopped giving her everything else except one omega 3 oil capsule once a day. Overall I think the diet change result has been positive. I think it is now safe to start adding coconut oil to her diet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]. This has you written all over it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Happy Holidays to you all.

Awhile ago I am sure I saw a post or two on the website about a couple of natural remedies that I purchased And used for a short time but now I am not 100% sure what they were recommended for.

Euphrasia, I believe it was for eye problems. I would like to know if this is correct and if so what is the correct dosage ?

Boswellia, I believe it was for joint pain or problems. I would like to know if this is correct and if so what is the correct dosage ?

Just an FYI - My bullie Bella was having several problems (UTI, skin and ear infections) for years and the only thing that helped cure these problems was antibiotics but the cure never lasted very long so eventually after several people recommending it I finally changed her diet to a totally raw food and tripe diet just over two months ago. When I started her on the raw food and tripe diet I stopped giving her everything else except one omega 3 oil capsule once a day. Overall I think the diet change result has been positive. I think it is now safe to start adding coconut oil to her diet.

This has me written all over lolll you guys are funny...

Yes Boswellia basically is frankincense oil which is great for joints n inflammation. I do give my dogs every other day a drop or 2 mixed in their raw food. But if you’re having the same consistent health issue with Bella, use it everyday ONLY for 6weeks with food at 400mg/10kg of body weight. I don’t know Bella’s weight so since you’re in Canada metric we go....10kg =22ish lbs. 400mg is basically .04grams. mg or grams is the same just the decimal that moves. So example 20drops of essential oil is equal to 0.66grams. Make sure the frankincense you use is organic n pure. If it says Higher Grade means BS. Higher grade does not exist. Buy quality like DoTerra or Young Living. DoTerra is less expensive n check how many grams in the bottle :).

Euphrasia is a herb. When it comes to eyes I’m not an expert but that being said, if you do research on Euphrasia to use for eyes, most will say, “PROBABLY safe for administration in most species” When I see the word probably n most, I wouldn’t administer it. I need real studies, 100% proof it works. You can’t replace eyes. I do have a question though, why does bella need some sort of eye drops? If you’re going the natural way I would go with Colloidal silver. You can use it 3x a day but I would do 1x a day first. But before you do anything, why ?

If you’re looking for an antibiotic go with oil of oregano in food. Use no more than 14days straight. Then again every other day for maintenance

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/euphrasia-officinalis/
https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/five-immune-boosting-uses-of-colloidal-silver/
https://www.certapet.com/colloidal-silver-for-dogs/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Yes Boswellia basically is frankincense oil which is great for joints n inflammation. I do give my dogs every other day a drop or 2 mixed in their raw food. But if you’re having the same consistent health issue with Bella, use it everyday ONLY for 6weeks with food at 400mg/10kg of body weight. I don’t know Bella’s weight so since you’re in Canada metric we go....10kg =22ish lbs. 400mg is basically .04grams. mg or grams is the same just the decimal that moves. So example 20drops of essential oil is equal to 0.66grams. Make sure the frankincense you use is organic n pure. If it says Higher Grade means BS. Higher grade does not exist. Buy quality like DoTerra or Young Living. DoTerra is less expensive n check how many grams in the bottle :).

Euphrasia is a herb. When it comes to eyes I’m not an expert but that being said, if you do research on Euphrasia to use for eyes, most will say, “PROBABLY safe for administration in most species” When I see the word probably n most, I wouldn’t administer it. I need real studies, 100% proof it works. You can’t replace eyes. I do have a question though, why does bella need some sort of eye drops? If you’re going the natural way I would go with Colloidal silver. You can use it 3x a day but I would do 1x a day first. But before you do anything, why ?

If you’re looking for an antibiotic go with oil of oregano in food. Use no more than 14days straight. Then again every other day for maintenance

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/five-immune-boosting-uses-of-colloidal-silver/

See... I wasn’t wrong— :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] you crack me up woman...

[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] if I’m not mistaken you used it for your eyes correct?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] you crack me up woman...

[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] if I’m not mistaken you used it for your eyes correct?

Anthony used it for his eye. It was super red and hurting and he said it did help.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella

As always thank you.

Bella’s isn’t currently having any issues with her joints so I will put the Boswellia away until it is needed. I just wanted to be sure I knew what it was used for. BTW the Boswellia I have is in pill form.

The Euphrasia I have is also in pill form, I haven’t used it for awhile and when I did I didn’t give it to her often. I have looked online and haven’t been able to find the dosage, I will check with the health food store I purchased it from and see what they can tell me.

As far as the oregano oil goes I have been giving that to Bella in a maintenance dosage with her raw food for about 4 months mainly to keep a reoccurring UTI away, it a-pears to help. I am giving Bella 2 drops every three days when she gets her vitamin E oil. I was mistakenly giving her 4 drops per day but the owner at the health food store told me that was to much so I cut the dosage back.

Thank you for those links, I will check them out.

Merry Christmas

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Something you might want to consider is Frankincense I would go the liquid way as when you want to resolve an inflammation, you want it to get into the blood stream immediately. Pill form like lots of supplements is always a slow release in the system. Yes better in pill form for vit C or melatonin as you want a slow release. But for inflammation it’s always in liquid form so it gets to the source ASAP. Just a thought :)

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Something you might want to consider is Frankincense I would go the liquid way as when you want to resolve an inflammation, you want it to get into the blood stream immediately. Pill form like lots of supplements is always a slow release in the system. Yes better in pill form for vit C or melatonin as you want a slow release. But for inflammation it’s always in liquid form so it gets to the source ASAP. Just a thought :)

Ok, thank you

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.