Rosie started having seizures today! Help!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=5276]garrett[/MENTION] Go back to post #13 on here which is the post by [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] where she has posted her Youtube videos of Vegas. He has epilepsy and you can compare those type of sezures to what happened to Samson.

However, I have heard of bullys who all of a sudden just collapse, legs as stiff as a board and then after a few mins he's back to normal. Almost as if they black out. I just wish I could remember which of the members had bullys who did that. Sorry I can't be of more help to you!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
my dog samson just had a full out seizure at 2;30pm to day on his bak legs up stiff as a board. i thought he was choking and about to die. i held him wile he just stared up at me then wile i was feeling his neck for something jamed in their he just went bak to normal. lasted about 4 min. he was off balance at first now he is just fine. hes 3 and has never had this happen. hope he will not do it again.

[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=5276]garrett[/MENTION]

Did anything out of normal happen before this episode? When Samson tipped over....was there any head shaking and mouth foaming? Those are also common during a grand mal seizure.

My youngest bulldog Orion started heaving. The stomach was rolling and after about 45 seconds, she finally threw up. After which, she fell over stiff as a board. She passed out from lack of oxygen. Once she passed out, she was good again.
But lasting 4 minutes...I would definitely be concerned. Keep your camera handy and fully charged. If this starts to happen again, video it. I can't express the importance of video enough. It is so much easier to show what actually happens then try to explain what happened.

A 4 minute episode is very scary. I thought Vegas was dying when he had his first seizure. It's the worst feeling in the world. If it happens again...take measures to get Samson checked out. If it turns out to be idiopathic epilepsy...it's treatable. We've been dealing with it for 4 years. We still haven't found the right medication for Vegas...but he is a happy happy boy. 99% of the time...he's a normal goofy bulldog. Once every 4 to 6 weeks...he has a seizure. But after a few minutes...he is up walking again. Please keep us up to date. If you have any questions for me....please ask.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.