Help Needed! Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you for the info. I will definitely look into getting bloodwork done. I'll have to try those probiotic toppers. I give Bella Chobani Greek yogurt whole milk plain. I give her Fromm kibble and change out flavors. For snacks I give her veggies, fruit, or Acana lamb & apple treats. I'll also add a tbsp of olive oil & coconut oil to her kibble as well and apple cider with her water. I will clean her up with a warm towel and use the pads after. Thank you for all your advice, Bella and I appreciate it!

Youā€™re feeding her well but I would switch her from Fromm to Acana Duck. Iā€™ve noticed a few post Iā€™ve read in here lately, a couple + owners with small issues with their dogs are on Fromm. Nothing is wrong with Fromm. Iā€™m just wondering if itā€™s the potatoes they add as potatoes are starchy. Acana has one of the highest meat protein n less legumes as protein. Also they add tripe to their kibbles. An extra probiotic added to a dogā€™s daily diet.

Btw howā€™s the hot spot today?

OP
E

EGatica

May 6, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Youā€™re feeding her well but I would switch her from Fromm to Acana Duck. Iā€™ve noticed a few post Iā€™ve read in here lately, a couple + owners with small issues with their dogs are on Fromm. Nothing is wrong with Fromm. Iā€™m just wondering if itā€™s the potatoes they add as potatoes are starchy. Acana has one of the highest meat protein n less legumes as protein. Also they add tripe to their kibbles. An extra probiotic added to a dogā€™s daily diet.

Btw howā€™s the hot spot today?

It looks better. I've tried cleaning it out as much as I can without hurting her. She likes the warm towel but not so much the pads. As soon as she sees the pads she's barking and running away from me and hiding under the coffee table. Lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It looks better. I've tried cleaning it out as much as I can without hurting her. She likes the warm towel but not so much the pads. As soon as she sees the pads she's barking and running away from me and hiding under the coffee table. Lol

Those pads will stings on open wounds. Are you also administering the meds or youā€™re holding off?

OP
E

EGatica

May 6, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Those pads will stings on open wounds. Are you also administering the meds or youā€™re holding off?

Aww well no wonder she's running from me. Yes I am giving her both meds and keeping an eye out for side effects.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Aww well no wonder she's running from me. Yes I am giving her both meds and keeping an eye out for side effects.

Try to have treats in your hand for the pads... let her get them as soon as you finish and sheā€™ll relate them to the cleaning... keeping it dry is key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

EGatica

May 6, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Try to have treats in your hand for the pads... let her get them as soon as you finish and sheā€™ll relate them to the cleaning... keeping it dry is key

I will definitely try that method! Thank you for your help!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You could also try my method of cleaning wrinkles, works great for me :
1) Apply a dab of chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo ( eg. curaseb,ketohex ) to a wet round cosmetic pad and clean out wrinkle
2) Clean out wrinkle a second time with a second wet cosmetic pad
3) Dry wrinkle with a third dry cosmetic pad.

I do this every 2 days as maintenance, but you should do it daily while she's bad.

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Bongo has the same issues, we did food allergy test restricted his diets now heā€™s on raw. That helped his coat but the vet prescribed apoquil and that really worked for the itchy face and paws. Still gets yeast under his paws between his toes we do daily epsom salt soaks for that.
1f509513ccd95caea8a2e91887e84f65.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo has the same issues, we did food allergy test restricted his diets now heā€™s on raw. That helped his coat but the vet prescribed apoquil and that really worked for the itchy face and paws. Still gets yeast under his paws between his toes we do daily epsom salt soaks for that.
1f509513ccd95caea8a2e91887e84f65.jpg

A dog that licks paws is 90% caused by yeast n is usually from their diet. Question, what in his raw food are you giving n what treats is he having?

In a nutshell....

Dogs licking or chewing paws, can be a sign of a yeast infection. Your dog may also have ear issues, stinky skin or weight issues. Because a diet that is loaded with grains/carbs/fillers actually changes your pet's pH, paw licking (saliva) can cause the fur to actually turn pink.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.