Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 24 of 24

Thread: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

  1. #13
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    16
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Here is the List of member recommended vets for Texas, no Cc, but maybe one isn’t too far??

    ~TEXAS~

    Animal Health & Medical Center
    Dr. Allen J. Bolt
    Abilene, TX 79608
    325-695-7140

    Radford Hills Animal Clinic
    Dr. Mark Leavell
    Abilene, TX
    325-672-3090

    Brittmore Animal Hospital
    Dr. Matt Dikeman or Dr. Kit Kampschmidt
    Houston, Texas
    713-468-8253

    Dr. Kirk Esmond
    Josey Ranch Pet Hospital
    2150 North Josey Lane, Ste 106
    Carrollton, Texas 75006

    Critter Care Animal Hospital
    Amna Plummer, DVM
    13040 Dairy Ashford
    Sugar Land, TX 77478
    281-494-7700
    Critter Care Animal Hospital – Critter Care Animal Hospital

    Dr. Scot Sunbury
    Sunbury Vet Clinic
    12407 North Mopac Expressway , Ste. 400
    Austin, TX 78758
    512-255-8387



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you but those are a few hours away from my location. I appreciate your help.

  2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  3. #14
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,710
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11809

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    Quote Originally Posted by EGatica View Post
    I'm worried now because I started her on meds this morning. Should I continue them? I agree, you would think after a $230 vet bill they would of cleaned it out. I got the impression that the vet nor his assistant weren't too fond of her, nor the breed. Bella loves attention and she didn't get any from them at all. At one point while the vet was rambling on about the problems that come with having a bulldog Bella decided to pass gas, not once but twice. LOL So what would you consider a high quality of probiotics? I currently feed her a tbsp of yogurt with her 2 meals and also give her Gentle Digest probiotic chews (3) on the daily.
    I got the impression?? Like Christine said, surprise the vet didnít clean the pus, says a lot about that vet. Your ďimpressionĒ said it all. If theyíre not to keen of the breed probably means they have no clue what to do with that breed n why bella didnít get any attention. . At the price these vets charge, my dogs better get 200% of attention

    Regarding the probiotics, I only use fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies as toppers. These 2 food groups are very high in probiotics plus itís fermented. Again thatís me as Iím more on the holistic side. Yogurt needs to be the plain Greek yogurt full fat. Not zero fat or no sugars as those are full of hidden sugars.

    What exactly is Bella eating as kibbles n treats?

    I know $230 is a lot of money but like mentioned above, hot spots are treatable without meds. IF it was my 2 dogs, treat the hotspot naturally as itís just a hot spot. Christine mentioned how to clean it. Cleaning needs to be consistent not once a day. 3-4x a day. If youíre giving those meds, basically it wonít tell you what allergies she has. Better putting money on a bloodwork like mentioned. At least youíll know how to treat/guide her properly towards a healthier dog.

  4. Likes 2BullyMama, Dollys Owner liked this post
  5. #15
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    16
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I got the impression?? Like Christine said, surprise the vet didnít clean the pus, says a lot about that vet. Your ďimpressionĒ said it all. If theyíre not to keen of the breed probably means they have no clue what to do with that breed n why bella didnít get any attention. . At the price these vets charge, my dogs better get 200% of attention

    Regarding the probiotics, I only use fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies as toppers. These 2 food groups are very high in probiotics plus itís fermented. Again thatís me as Iím more on the holistic side. Yogurt needs to be the plain Greek yogurt full fat. Not zero fat or no sugars as those are full of hidden sugars.

    What exactly is Bella eating as kibbles n treats?

    I know $230 is a lot of money but like mentioned above, hot spots are treatable without meds. IF it was my 2 dogs, treat the hotspot naturally as itís just a hot spot. Christine mentioned how to clean it. Cleaning needs to be consistent not once a day. 3-4x a day. If youíre giving those meds, basically it wonít tell you what allergies she has. Better putting money on a bloodwork like mentioned. At least youíll know how to treat/guide her properly towards a healthier dog.
    Thank you for the info. I will definitely look into getting bloodwork done. I'll have to try those probiotic toppers. I give Bella Chobani Greek yogurt whole milk plain. I give her Fromm kibble and change out flavors. For snacks I give her veggies, fruit, or Acana lamb & apple treats. I'll also add a tbsp of olive oil & coconut oil to her kibble as well and apple cider with her water. I will clean her up with a warm towel and use the pads after. Thank you for all your advice, Bella and I appreciate it!

  6. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
  7. #16
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,710
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11809

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    Quote Originally Posted by EGatica View Post
    Thank you for the info. I will definitely look into getting bloodwork done. I'll have to try those probiotic toppers. I give Bella Chobani Greek yogurt whole milk plain. I give her Fromm kibble and change out flavors. For snacks I give her veggies, fruit, or Acana lamb & apple treats. I'll also add a tbsp of olive oil & coconut oil to her kibble as well and apple cider with her water. I will clean her up with a warm towel and use the pads after. Thank you for all your advice, Bella and I appreciate it!
    You’re feeding her well but I would switch her from Fromm to Acana Duck. I’ve noticed a few post I’ve read in here lately, a couple + owners with small issues with their dogs are on Fromm. Nothing is wrong with Fromm. I’m just wondering if it’s the potatoes they add as potatoes are starchy. Acana has one of the highest meat protein n less legumes as protein. Also they add tripe to their kibbles. An extra probiotic added to a dog’s daily diet.

    Btw how’s the hot spot today?

  8. Likes 2BullyMama, Dollys Owner liked this post
  9. #17
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    16
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    You’re feeding her well but I would switch her from Fromm to Acana Duck. I’ve noticed a few post I’ve read in here lately, a couple + owners with small issues with their dogs are on Fromm. Nothing is wrong with Fromm. I’m just wondering if it’s the potatoes they add as potatoes are starchy. Acana has one of the highest meat protein n less legumes as protein. Also they add tripe to their kibbles. An extra probiotic added to a dog’s daily diet.

    Btw how’s the hot spot today?
    It looks better. I've tried cleaning it out as much as I can without hurting her. She likes the warm towel but not so much the pads. As soon as she sees the pads she's barking and running away from me and hiding under the coffee table. Lol

  10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  11. #18
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,710
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11809

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    Quote Originally Posted by EGatica View Post
    It looks better. I've tried cleaning it out as much as I can without hurting her. She likes the warm towel but not so much the pads. As soon as she sees the pads she's barking and running away from me and hiding under the coffee table. Lol
    Those pads will stings on open wounds. Are you also administering the meds or you’re holding off?

  12. #19
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    16
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Those pads will stings on open wounds. Are you also administering the meds or youíre holding off?
    Aww well no wonder she's running from me. Yes I am giving her both meds and keeping an eye out for side effects.

  13. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
  14. #20
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    44,848
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16040

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    Quote Originally Posted by EGatica View Post
    Aww well no wonder she's running from me. Yes I am giving her both meds and keeping an eye out for side effects.
    Try to have treats in your hand for the pads... let her get them as soon as you finish and sheíll relate them to the cleaning... keeping it dry is key


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  15. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  16. #21
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    16
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Try to have treats in your hand for the pads... let her get them as soon as you finish and sheíll relate them to the cleaning... keeping it dry is key


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will definitely try that method! Thank you for your help!

  17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  18. #22
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,691
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)
    1727

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    You could also try my method of cleaning wrinkles, works great for me :
    1) Apply a dab of chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo ( eg. curaseb,ketohex ) to a wet round cosmetic pad and clean out wrinkle
    2) Clean out wrinkle a second time with a second wet cosmetic pad
    3) Dry wrinkle with a third dry cosmetic pad.

    I do this every 2 days as maintenance, but you should do it daily while she's bad.

  19. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
  20. #23
    Drool Catcher Fbjdd's Avatar
    Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    243
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)
    20

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    Bongo has the same issues, we did food allergy test restricted his diets now heís on raw. That helped his coat but the vet prescribed apoquil and that really worked for the itchy face and paws. Still gets yeast under his paws between his toes we do daily epsom salt soaks for that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

  21. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  22. #24
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,710
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11809

    Default Re: Is this a yeast infection due to an allergy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fbjdd View Post
    Bongo has the same issues, we did food allergy test restricted his diets now he’s on raw. That helped his coat but the vet prescribed apoquil and that really worked for the itchy face and paws. Still gets yeast under his paws between his toes we do daily epsom salt soaks for that. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A dog that licks paws is 90% caused by yeast n is usually from their diet. Question, what in his raw food are you giving n what treats is he having?

    In a nutshell....

    Dogs licking or chewing paws, can be a sign of a yeast infection. Your dog may also have ear issues, stinky skin or weight issues. Because a diet that is loaded with grains/carbs/fillers actually changes your pet's pH, paw licking (saliva) can cause the fur to actually turn pink.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •