cooperk123

Oct 17, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
Hi All,
My Bully is 9.5. In the last week or so his water intake has increased dramatically. Yesterday he drank a whole bunch and then vomited it everywhere and bile. He wouldn’t eat breakfast and he was quivering. Eventually, later in the day/evening he ate. However he continued to drink and did two huge pees in the house and did another one during the night. Has anyone gone through this with their dog?
Thanks!

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
You need to get him to the vet this morning. Someone else might know exactly what's going on but with those symptoms I would get him right in. Good luck!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/Jackie... he needs to see a vet, there is no telling what is going on.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=18685]cooperk123[/MENTION] Excessive thirst is for one-a symptom of diabetes. Vomiting,also,as they drink too much water at once. Shaking can be a symptom,also. I am sure there are other reasons for the symptoms also. As others have said-he needs to be seen by Dr. right away!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I agree...vet visit.

OP
C

cooperk123

Oct 17, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
Yes of course he is going to the vet today. I just wondered if anyone had experienced similar. Thanks everyone!

OP
C

cooperk123

Oct 17, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
No diabetes and kidneys good! Must just be a flu. Keeping an eye on him and will do bloodwork if it continues. He ate dinner though and is resting peacefully!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No diabetes and kidneys good! Must just be a flu. Keeping an eye on him and will do bloodwork if it continues. He ate dinner though and is resting peacefully!

When a dog does not feel well, they will drink a lot of water to force themselves to vomit.... let us know what the vet had to say.

Hope he is doing better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Great!

Read the link as it’s not just diabetes or kidneys. Check for other symptoms on that website. You never know. Bloodwork will help for sure. :)

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.