Thread: Ear infections

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gucci and Louie
    Likes (Received)

Default Ear infections

I have a 7 1/2 year old bulldog and he is constantly having ear infections. The vet put him on Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein. He was just at the vet about 3-4 weeks ago! Iím thinking this stuff is 💩, and not helping him! He used to be on Fromm Pork and Peas, but Vet said that is what was causing his ear infections. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks a bunch!

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ear infections

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bulldogs View Post
    I have a 7 1/2 year old bulldog and he is constantly having ear infections. The vet put him on Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein. He was just at the vet about 3-4 weeks ago! Iím thinking this stuff is ��, and not helping him! He used to be on Fromm Pork and Peas, but Vet said that is what was causing his ear infections. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks a bunch!
    Any vet that says Fromm is the culprit of ear infection and yet gives you a RC bag of food that has absolutely NO meat in that bag whatsoever, in my opinion, change vet! Get the Acana one protein bag n start with the Duck as itís easier to digest. Then get organic lavender essential oil. On a cotton ball put 2-3 drops on the cotton ball, swipe in the inner ear. Do both ears. Donít use in the canal as the oil will seep on its own slowing inside and get rid of the infection. Lavender oil is anti inflammatory. Also buy online EcoEar for maintenance. If heís already on antibiotics, finish them but start the lavender oil. Also alway feed a probiotic daily while on antibiotics as antibiotics will also kill the good cells. This is what youíre feeding your dog

Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Natural Flavors, Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Silico Aluminate, Vegetable Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Oil, Fructooligosaccharides, Potassium Chloride, L-Tyrosine, Salt, Taurine, Vitamins [Dl-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (Source of Vitamin E), ...

Absolutely no meat anywhere. Dump that bag and donít donate it. Just get Acana Duck. Youíll see a big improvement. Keep us posted

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...tial-oils.html

3. Likes Dollys Owner, 1Chumly, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

It could be food allergy or environmental allergy or both. Is he constantly licking paws too? That's another sign of allergy. I'd switch him to frozen raw food, duck to start, and if he still is getting ear infections look into getting him cytopoint injections for environmental allergies. Also would help to give him fish oil ( and vitamin e ), probiotics, organic turmeric, and an antihistamine like cetirizine (Zyrtec ). I like to maintain my dog's ears with an EcoEars flush once a week, but I only use it instead of Zymox because Zymox is so expensive in Canada.

5. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    It could be food allergy or environmental allergy or both. Is he constantly licking paws too? That's another sign of allergy. I'd switch him to frozen raw food, duck to start, and if he still is getting ear infections look into getting him cytopoint injections for environmental allergies. Also would help to give him fish oil ( and vitamin e ), probiotics, organic turmeric, and an antihistamine like cetirizine (Zyrtec ). I like to maintain my dog's ears with an EcoEars flush once a week, but I only use it instead of Zymox because Zymox is so expensive in Canada.

The question here is What’s NOT expensive in Canada! Lol

7. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Just an FYI. I used Eco Ears on Monty once and it did not agree with him at all. It can happen, all dogs are different. His ears became very inflamed almost immediately and he was not a happy boy at all. I went back to Zymox and it cleared up pretty quickly.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

9. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

I've had no issues with Zymox.

11. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    Just an FYI. I used Eco Ears on Monty once and it did not agree with him at all. It can happen, all dogs are different. His ears became very inflamed almost immediately and he was not a happy boy at all. I went back to Zymox and it cleared up pretty quickly.
    Thats so true, we cleaned Dudleys ears with a recipe that had witch-hazel in it and almost immediately his ear flared up and he was in a state for around an hour! And i know the same recipe works wonders for lots of bullys.
    Check out our Fur Baby shop Lots of Bulldog gifts and hopefully lots more to come!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MyFurBabyShop

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zedsded View Post
    Thats so true, we cleaned Dudleys ears with a recipe that had witch-hazel in it and almost immediately his ear flared up and he was in a state for around an hour! And i know the same recipe works wonders for lots of bullys.
    Eco ear is for maintenance not to get rid of a full blown ear infection. If it’s full blown I only use lavender on a cotton ball and if it’s a normal ear infection I’ll use the oils below in 4-5 oz of fractionated coconut oil. I also use it for Nyala’s tail pocket. Works wonders.

15 drops Lavender
    15 drops Geranium
    15 drops Frankincense
    15 drops Basil
    10 drops Arborvitae

14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My boy had constant ear infections, as soon as clear... few days later another started. I switched to raw and give Cytopoint shots once every other monthó- no more ear infections for two years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

16. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Yup raw will fix a lot of health issues.

18. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads