2Bulldogs

Apr 27, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci and Louie
I have a 7 1/2 year old bulldog and he is constantly having ear infections. The vet put him on Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein. He was just at the vet about 3-4 weeks ago! Iā€™m thinking this stuff is šŸ’©, and not helping him! He used to be on Fromm Pork and Peas, but Vet said that is what was causing his ear infections. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a bunch!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have a 7 1/2 year old bulldog and he is constantly having ear infections. The vet put him on Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein. He was just at the vet about 3-4 weeks ago! Iā€™m thinking this stuff is ļæ½ļæ½, and not helping him! He used to be on Fromm Pork and Peas, but Vet said that is what was causing his ear infections. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a bunch!

Any vet that says Fromm is the culprit of ear infection and yet gives you a RC bag of food that has absolutely NO meat in that bag whatsoever, in my opinion, change vet! Get the Acana one protein bag n start with the Duck as itā€™s easier to digest. Then get organic lavender essential oil. On a cotton ball put 2-3 drops on the cotton ball, swipe in the inner ear. Do both ears. Donā€™t use in the canal as the oil will seep on its own slowing inside and get rid of the infection. Lavender oil is anti inflammatory. Also buy online EcoEar for maintenance. If heā€™s already on antibiotics, finish them but start the lavender oil. Also alway feed a probiotic daily while on antibiotics as antibiotics will also kill the good cells. This is what youā€™re feeding your dog

Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Natural Flavors, Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Silico Aluminate, Vegetable Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Oil, Fructooligosaccharides, Potassium Chloride, L-Tyrosine, Salt, Taurine, Vitamins [Dl-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (Source of Vitamin E), ...

Absolutely no meat anywhere. Dump that bag and donā€™t donate it. Just get Acana Duck. Youā€™ll see a big improvement. Keep us posted :)

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
It could be food allergy or environmental allergy or both. Is he constantly licking paws too? That's another sign of allergy. I'd switch him to frozen raw food, duck to start, and if he still is getting ear infections look into getting him cytopoint injections for environmental allergies. Also would help to give him fish oil ( and vitamin e ), probiotics, organic turmeric, and an antihistamine like cetirizine (Zyrtec ). I like to maintain my dog's ears with an EcoEars flush once a week, but I only use it instead of Zymox because Zymox is so expensive in Canada.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It could be food allergy or environmental allergy or both. Is he constantly licking paws too? That's another sign of allergy. I'd switch him to frozen raw food, duck to start, and if he still is getting ear infections look into getting him cytopoint injections for environmental allergies. Also would help to give him fish oil ( and vitamin e ), probiotics, organic turmeric, and an antihistamine like cetirizine (Zyrtec ). I like to maintain my dog's ears with an EcoEars flush once a week, but I only use it instead of Zymox because Zymox is so expensive in Canada.

The question here is Whatā€™s NOT expensive in Canada! Lol

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Just an FYI. I used Eco Ears on Monty once and it did not agree with him at all. It can happen, all dogs are different. His ears became very inflamed almost immediately and he was not a happy boy at all. I went back to Zymox and it cleared up pretty quickly.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I've had no issues with Zymox.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Just an FYI. I used Eco Ears on Monty once and it did not agree with him at all. It can happen, all dogs are different. His ears became very inflamed almost immediately and he was not a happy boy at all. I went back to Zymox and it cleared up pretty quickly.

Thats so true, we cleaned Dudleys ears with a recipe that had witch-hazel in it and almost immediately his ear flared up and he was in a state for around an hour! And i know the same recipe works wonders for lots of bullys.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thats so true, we cleaned Dudleys ears with a recipe that had witch-hazel in it and almost immediately his ear flared up and he was in a state for around an hour! And i know the same recipe works wonders for lots of bullys.

Eco ear is for maintenance not to get rid of a full blown ear infection. If itā€™s full blown I only use lavender on a cotton ball and if itā€™s a normal ear infection Iā€™ll use the oils below in 4-5 oz of fractionated coconut oil. I also use it for Nyalaā€™s tail pocket. Works wonders.

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My boy had constant ear infections, as soon as clear... few days later another started. I switched to raw and give Cytopoint shots once every other monthā€”- no more ear infections for two years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP

2Bulldogs

Apr 27, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci and Louie
Where would I get the Cytopoint meds? Also, where to get the essential oils?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Cytopoint is a vet given shot

Oils... many places, but Iā€™ll leave that to Helene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Essential oils would be online DoTerra as young living is more expensive for same quality. Another is Woolzie. Just double check your ml/grams as sometimes itā€™s worth buying the bigger bottles. Woolzie very often I find them at Winners/Marshall or I think in US itā€™s TJ Maxx?

chitownbully

Nov 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
KINGSTON / PRINCE
How often should I use the lavender on a cotton ball? I've tried a couple of drops on a cotton ball and it does help calm it down and helps with the itching. My pup who is 4 yrs old has recently started getting ear infections, and build up in his ears. Antibiotics and prescribed anti-fungal creams work but once we complete dose, it comes back. I was just wondering if i should be using the lavender every day.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
How often should I use the lavender on a cotton ball? I've tried a couple of drops on a cotton ball and it does help calm it down and helps with the itching. My pup who is 4 yrs old has recently started getting ear infections, and build up in his ears. Antibiotics and prescribed anti-fungal creams work but once we complete dose, it comes back. I was just wondering if i should be using the lavender every day.

Yes do use it everyday till you see improvement. You should see clearing up in about a week. Whatā€™s happening is that all the antibiotics n cream is weakening his immune system n it keeps coming back. Also what dog food is he eating? Thatā€™s another sign of yeasty issues. Anytime you give antibiotics to a pet, always give probiotics to balance the guts flora. Helps the immune system.

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.