Knee cap slipping in and out of place

rameysbullies

Feb 8, 2010
currently alamogordo, new mexico but from Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Tator and their daughter Sophia
Does anyone know of a treatment beside surgery that might not work for a EB kneecap slipping in and out of place? My poor Bully is holding up his hind leg constantly now which tells the vet and I it's out and doesn't slip back in place. He doesn't appear to be in pain but eventually he's going to be tired of walking on 3 legs. I think I'm bothered more by it than he is. LOL

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Oh so sorry about that. There was a thread about this very same subject not long ago here. Type it in the advance search and it will come up. i dont have any sugestions about it,but I have Mocha on joint supplements called Glyco Flex III, because last december she was limping. I know you will get great advise from the other memebers. I hope He gets well soon:hug2:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
No experience with knee cap slipping. Abby has had problems with her knee ligaments and limps when she over does it. I hope you can find an alternative treatment. There are vets who do acupuncture, I don't know if this would help.

Dana Mayhall

Mar 21, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly, Bud and Kami
My little Grizzly had that same problem and my vet told me to put him on a diet and told me to just exercise him daily going up a hill and down very slowly and within 2 weeks he was fine. Not a problem now.

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
Busters has the same problem. When it pops out we just make him sit down and it pops back in. Once I had to pop it back in myself, but it was easy. I just very gently pulled it like the vet showed me. We rested his leg for 6 weeks (in his pen -- no activity at all) and it was much better. It isn't perfect but now he can run and play and have fun again and we are just keeping an eye to see how often it slips out. So far only a couple times in over a month. The vet told us that surgery is optional. If we think the knee is negatively affecting his life then we should operate, but if not, then it doesn't hurt him. Sorry about your pup!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.