Advantage Multi for dogs

starjess81

Apr 12, 2011
Herndon, Ky
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I put this on my lab about 2 weeks ago and this is what the product is supposed to do...

Advantage Multi® for Dogs, one convenient topical application:
  • 100% effective in the prevention of heartworm disease as shown in clinical trials1
  • Kills adult fleas, treats flea infestations
  • Treats and controls common intestinal parasites: roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms
I still keep finding fleas and ticks and I found a worm on my labs poop! Anyone know of a better preventative flea/tick/worm and heart warm?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Were the worms alive or dead? Maybe it killed them and he is passing them? I would call and ask the vet. That is weird!

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
oh no i just bought this. Do you know if roundworms and ring worms are the same thing? i cant find anything about ringworm on the package but i was hoping it protects against ring too.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Don't think I'm stalking you [MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION]..:lol: no ringworm isn't same. Isn't covered under any topical flea preventatives. Kids get ringworm from animals and dirt. Pretty easily treated. Just have to diagnose ..very contagious!

[MENTION=2201]starjess81[/MENTION].. Your dog should not have live fleas and ticks on him if treated 2 weeks ago. Sometimes you will find a flea or two..but they will soon die. The worms probably a roundworm ..and if you just see a piece..probably more left inside. Should be dewormed to be safe. You guys are both making me itch!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Ringworm is actually a fungus that you can clear up with Lotrimin.

We are using an oral med for heartworm/fleas it is called Trifexis. I don't use topical because the Advantage/Advantix or whatever it was turned Gator's fur black at the application site.

Good luck!

BabeEnglishBulldog

Feb 17, 2011
Is this orally taken by dogs? Where did you buy this product? They're lots of fake advertisements with regards to flea and worm prevention. We should not be fooled and we should consult the vet first.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online