Lump Found

TheOneTrueJeff

Nov 28, 2018
Pike Road, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
So my one year old EB came home today from daycare and my wife noticed a huge lump on her left side (looking at her) right around her last rib. Kind of between where her rib cage ends. Itā€™s pretty big (lemon size) and not perfectly round. Sheā€™s acting normal so the vet said it should be fine until they look at her tomorrow. Any idea of what this could be?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So my one year old EB came home today from daycare and my wife noticed a huge lump on her left side (looking at her) right around her last rib. Kind of between where her rib cage ends. Itā€™s pretty big (lemon size) and not perfectly round. Sheā€™s acting normal so the vet said it should be fine until they look at her tomorrow. Any idea of what this could be?

Did you ask the daycare if something happened like a fight or fall?

OP
T

TheOneTrueJeff

Nov 28, 2018
Pike Road, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
I havenā€™t yet because by the time I got home all the kennel tech were gone. I will ask that Iā€™m the morning. It doesnā€™t seem to bother her when you touch it but it is pretty big.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be a fatty tissue cyst or just a bruise from playing at daycare.

Please keep us posted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I havenā€™t yet because by the time I got home all the kennel tech were gone. I will ask that Iā€™m the morning. It doesnā€™t seem to bother her when you touch it but it is pretty big.

Do cold compressions on it. It will help go down if itā€™s what I think a bruise ....I recall one of my dogs long time ago fell n got a lemon size lump and I know this is weird but many moons ago my eldest when he was 5 fell down the basement stairs that was under construction at my moms and of course I wasnā€™t there as I was working. When I saw my son he had a Hugh big lemon size lump on his head. I recalled calling my friend as she was an emergency registered nurse. She said to Putin a cloth some ice on n off for 20mins. If it donā€™t go down go to the emergency. But yes it did go down. Thank god cause it was the head. So try a little bag of frozen peas of something see what happens. Please keep us posted.

OP
T

TheOneTrueJeff

Nov 28, 2018
Pike Road, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
Wow I bet that was scary. Iā€™ll let yā€™all know what we find out. Sheā€™s resting comfortably as usual, thanks for the replies! DB757F52-D48A-426B-ADA8-DBB6984FBA8C.jpeg

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online