Help Needed! Watery rusty red/orange saliva staining on dog bed from mouth

RoxyRoy

Sep 19, 2019
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Hello there,

Every morning I find a watery rusty red colour stain from her saliva wherever she sleeps - Is this bleeding from her gums or stomach acid? It doesn't smell like blood

Please see picture below, anyone know what it is?

Thanks

Roxy

stain.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello there,

Every morning I find a watery rusty red colour stain from her saliva wherever she sleeps - Is this bleeding from her gums or stomach acid? It doesn't smell like blood

Please see picture below, anyone know what it is?

Thanks

Roxy

View attachment 117487

Hello n Welcome!!!

A few questions.... How old is your dog, what does she eat, is she on any kind of meds or supplements, its ONLY once in the morning n not throughout the day? Can be teething if she’s a pup etc...

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Easiest explanation would be if she is chewing on her foot. Otherwise it could be something going on in mouth that should be checked out.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Check her gums and teeth..and if she is licking her feet,they would have a brown tint to them....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lambeau sometimes wakes up with this too... only during allergy months and I check everything, no cuts, or issues I can see so I chalk it up to yeast coming from allergies and his eyes weeping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
If no issues in the mouth and with paws, I would suspect what 2Bullymama says - saliva is a bit brown in colour on its own, because of what he eats or yeast. Does he have tear stains on the face? Look at the eye discharge after sleep, sometimes it is also a bit brownish. Some types of kibble can cause it.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor's sheets can look like that too - unless a cut somewhere I too would guess saliva/ eye discharge.

OP
R

RoxyRoy

Sep 19, 2019
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Dear all, thank you for replying to my thread. I think it was the blood in the raw food that was causing her saliva to be that redish colour. I cut back on the raw meat and gave her more vegetables and cooked food. Since then it has stopped!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.