helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hey,

My dog Tank was prescribed with a 2% of cyclosporine ointment because of constant eye infections. His eyes seem really swollen now however. Has anyone experienced this before? Could the dosage they prescribed us be too high? Trying to avoid another $300 vet bill but Tank's health comes first.

Read the whole thread might answer your question. I will tag some members for you...
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Read the whole thread might answer your question. I will tag some members for you...
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]

Sometimes you have to add on an antibiotic eye drop like bacitracin-neomycin-polymyxin antibiotic solution if there's infection going on at same time or Dexamethasone 0.1% solution every 6-8 hours if there's conjunctivitis without corneal ulceration.

Tacrolimus 0.02%-0.03% ointment or aqueous suspension every 12 hours is used instead of cyclosporin if there is no response to cyclosporin after 3-6 weeks of treatment

Members online

No members online now.