Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I went by the overall score and the total number of reviews as I normally do. They were good. It just really didn't agree with Monty.

MarleneK

Dec 21, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
Hi I just came across your thread, I'm not sure if you've since found a solution for Bongo's reoccurring ear infections. The following is what we did and what has worked for us.

Our Dually is 9.5 years old and he's also had consistent ear infections for many years. In July 2019 he was given a different prescription to try it's called "Claro Otic Solution" cost was C$90 for 2 tubes (1 in each ear). This would work for 2 weeks so every day I would gently wipe the inside of his ears with a warm wet cloth to remove any brown discharge that was coming out, also his ears were a bit dry and flaky on the inside at the time. After the 2 weeks was up I started him on another prescription called "Burrow's Solution with Hydrocortisone 120ml" for C$32. I applied 1ml to each ear 2x week for the first few months and now I'm down to 1x week for maintenance to keep the ear infections at bay which have not resurfaced. Once the solution is added I gently massage both ears at the base for a good 5 minutes to ensure the solution gets down into the ear canals really good - he actually loves this part! It's in liquid form so I usually shake the bottle first then pour a little bit into the cap and take from the cap. If there is any left in the cap I dump it and wipe the cap out before I put it back on the bottle (don't want to cross contaminate the liquid in the bottle). I ended up buying a 100/box of Syringes off Amazon for cheap. I'm also still cleaning his ears less frequently now as there isn't much of a discharge.

I hope this helps.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=10600]MarleneK[/MENTION] hey there neighbour.... for maintenance I use an essential oil mix I made years ago or simply 2 drops of lavender essential oil like DoTerra. 2 drops of lavender oil on a cotton ball and then I swipe in the ear right above the canal as oil seeps down on itā€™s own. Repeat other ear with clean cotton ball. Get way to get rid of all yeast n maintenance:) stay safe with that virus:)

MarleneK

Dec 21, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
[MENTION=10600]MarleneK[/MENTION] hey there neighbour.... for maintenance I use an essential oil mix I made years ago or simply 2 drops of lavender essential oil like DoTerra. 2 drops of lavender oil on a cotton ball and then I swipe in the ear right above the canal as oil seeps down on itā€™s own. Repeat other ear with clean cotton ball. Get way to get rid of all yeast n maintenance:) stay safe with that virus:)

Hi there thank you for the suggestion I will look into that :). I also love essential oils I'm still fairly new with using them (YL) and I haven't tried on the pups yet. I'd rather go a more natural route for sure when I can and I may look at trying this to see how he does. Stay safe too :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi there thank you for the suggestion I will look into that :). I also love essential oils I'm still fairly new with using them (YL) and I haven't tried on the pups yet. I'd rather go a more natural route for sure when I can and I may look at trying this to see how he does. Stay safe too :)

Donā€™t worry if you are using YL great oils. My brindle is 4.5 ish n Jake is 3.5. And still alive so lavender is not an issue. Not all EO are for dogs so feel free to ask ā€œbeforeā€ you try if youā€™re not sure. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.