Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi All,

Bongo is 7 now and still dealing with chronic ear infections. Heā€™s had all allergy tests and is on a strict raw duck diet limited ingredients as per his allergy test yet he still gets the infections?? Any thoughts on what to do?
326054e69d4833b5722771994a01ab5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi All,

Bongo is 7 now and still dealing with chronic ear infections. Heā€™s had all allergy tests and is on a strict raw duck diet limited ingredients as per his allergy test yet he still gets the infections?? Any thoughts on what to do?

If ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated coconut oil on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area. This works as some of us members done it. I recently did it with my newcomer Jake. Got rid of his bacteria within a week.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I would recommend EcoEars https://www.amazon.ca/Infection-Bacteria-Pharmaceutical-Medication-Guaranteed/dp/B008QYVL1Yflushed in his ears daily for 2 weeks, then ears flushed weekly forever. When I say flush, I mean dribble some into the ear, rub the ear drum from the outside with your fingers, and then move aside as he flings his head around. And in between weekly flushes, clean daily with witch hazel on a wipe if it gets dirty.

I would also recommend probiotics such as milk kefir, live sauerkraut from refrigerator section of health food store, or commercial probiotic such as Probiotic Miracle or Proviable DC.

Also daily cetirizine antihistamine ( from Costco ).

And if still having ear infections try having Cytopoint injection from a vet to see if that helps, or Bongo can even have an operation to remove ear canal ( total ear canal ablation ) as a last resort.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi All,

My boy has ear issues too... all environmental as we eliminated his food allergies. the only thing that has helped is a Cytopoint shot every 6-8 weeks.

BTW -- I love your hat.... LOL!!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
My boy has ear issues too... all environmental as we eliminated his food allergies. the only thing that has helped is a Cytopoint shot every 6-8 weeks.

BTW -- I love your hat.... LOL!!

Also, you can try sublingual immunotherapy, eg. Respit, which takes a few months to work. Someone mentioned on the french bulldog group how much immunotherapy helped their dog.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I would recommend EcoEars https://www.amazon.ca/Infection-Bacteria-Pharmaceutical-Medication-Guaranteed/dp/B008QYVL1Yflushed in his ears daily for 2 weeks, then ears flushed weekly forever. When I say flush, I mean dribble some into the ear, rub the ear drum from the outside with your fingers, and then move aside as he flings his head around. And in between weekly flushes, clean daily with witch hazel on a wipe if it gets dirty.

I would also recommend probiotics such as milk kefir, live sauerkraut from refrigerator section of health food store, or commercial probiotic such as Probiotic Miracle or Proviable DC.

Also daily cetirizine antihistamine ( from Costco ).

And if still having ear infections try having Cytopoint injection from a vet to see if that helps, or Bongo can even have an operation to remove ear canal ( total ear canal ablation ) as a last resort.

A note on EcoEars. I bought some for Monty as his ear was a bit inflamed and itchy. His ear got worse, it was really bothering him plus he lost a layer of skin! It wasn't dried liquid, it was skin so no more for him. As we all know though, each dog reacts differently so just need to bear that in mind. Back to Zymox!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
A note on EcoEars. I bought some for Monty as his ear was a bit inflamed and itchy. His ear got worse, it was really bothering him plus he lost a layer of skin! It wasn't dried liquid, it was skin so no more for him. As we all know though, each dog reacts differently so just need to bear that in mind. Back to Zymox!

He lost a layer of skin cause of the Ecoears?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
He lost a layer of skin cause of the Ecoears?

Yes. It was flaking and I thought it was dried liquid but it wasn't. It peeled off and was red raw underneath. He is much happier today! Poor dog!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Zymox is great but very expensive in Canada, my dog Honey does well on the EcoEars. I even clean her ears daily between weekly EcoEars with a solution of 5 drops oil of cloves, 5 drops tea tree oil in 2 oz witch hazel , placed on a round cosmetic pad to wipe her ears out, and she's good with that too. The only time she seemed to get her ears irritated with cleaning was when I used a solution of 50% vinegar /50% witch hazel.

Every dog is different- my dog gets almost daily water kefir whereas HelsonWheels dog Duke was quite allergic to milk kefir.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes. It was flaking and I thought it was dried liquid but it wasn't. It peeled off and was red raw underneath. He is much happier today! Poor dog!

Interesting, with them ingredients itā€™s like almost rare that would happen. But heh, like you said, Iā€™m sure it can happen. Now youā€™re going to make me investigate more lol...

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Interesting, with them ingredients itā€™s like almost rare that would happen. But heh, like you said, Iā€™m sure it can happen. Now youā€™re going to make me investigate more lol...

BTW, I went back and read some of the bad reviews and Monty is not alone by any stretch! I feel so mean, poor boy! Could be the alcohol, Tea Tree Oil or Boric Acid or all. I should have read those reviews first!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
BTW, I went back and read some of the bad reviews and Monty is not alone by any stretch! I feel so mean, poor boy! Could be the alcohol, Tea Tree Oil or Boric Acid or all. I should have read those reviews first!

Since you're unhappy with it you should return it for the 100% no hassle money back guarantee within 1 year of purchase.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Since you're unhappy with it you should return it for the 100% no hassle money back guarantee within 1 year of purchase.

I am doing that tomorrow, thank you. I was going to give it to a dog rescue but decided against it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

When I buy anything, the first thing I do is read all the negative reviews then I decide. Donā€™t ask Iā€™m odd lolll.

I guess it simply didnā€™t work for your baby. :(

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
When I buy anything, the first thing I do is read all the negative reviews then I decide. Do ask Iā€™m odd lolll.
I guess it simply didnā€™t work for your baby. :(

I do same- but there's always a lot of negative reviews on Amazon,so I look at the overall score, hopefully more than 4.5 overall.

On Aliexpress I look at number of sales for that vendor, reviews, and prefer if they ship by e-packet. I check if a smart phone will work with my mobile provider on kimovil.com https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.