helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you, please understand that I don’t mean to be a pest I just want to help my bullie. Since Bella doesn’t currently have a UTI she just needs a maintenance dosage to hopefully keep the UTI away. With this dosage information I guess I will keep giving Bella 1 drop per meal on her food for a week to she how she reacts to it, so far she has had no negative results from the oil. I have been adding some water to her kibble and tripe to dilute the oil. If everything seems ok in a week I will increase the dosage to 2 drops per meal unless someone suggests otherwise. Thank you again for your information, I appreciate you and the others on this site who are always willing to help with information. Enjoy the evening and weekend.

Absolutely no problem. You’re NOT a pest. I always say, if you don’t understand ask again n again till you do. Unless you’re asking 20 thousand times then we have a issue :evilha: lolllll

But seriously, no problem. Rather you do it right than guessing. You don’t want to guess with oils. Also you should introduce organic turmeric and a pinch of black pepper daily. 1/4teaspoon n that pinch of black pepper to get the full potent of the turmeric. Make sure it’s organic as regular turmeric isn’t potent/ chemical balanced. Get the real thing.

BTW I wouldn’t put water with the tripe. Tripe is the most healthiest probiotic out therefor a dog but feed-it from frozen. Worse for bacteria if thawed out. Frozen, no problem, everything is dead.... :)

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
_
Absolutely no problem. You’re NOT a pest. I always say, if you don’t understand ask again n again till you do. Unless you’re asking 20 thousand times then we have a issue :evilha: lolllll

But seriously, no problem. Rather you do it right than guessing. You don’t want to guess with oils. Also you should introduce organic turmeric and a pinch of black pepper daily. 1/4teaspoon n that pinch of black pepper to get the full potent of the turmeric. Make sure it’s organic as regular turmeric isn’t potent/ chemical balanced. Get the real thing.

Perfect, another great suggestion. Any suggestions for hurricane Dorian that is forecast to hit us in Nova Scotia tomorrow, lol.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
_

Perfect, another great suggestion. Any suggestions for hurricane Dorian that is forecast to hit us in Nova Scotia tomorrow, lol.

Drive towards Quebec lol.... our homes in Canada especially on the east side of Canada are solid. Not made out of bunch of siding like the western side that don’t have bricks or REAL stone.... excluding BC :). Stay safe !!!!

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Drive towards Quebec lol.... our homes in Canada especially on the east side of Canada are solid. Not made out of bunch of siding like the western side that don’t have bricks or REAL stone.... excluding BC :). Stay safe !!!!

That's an idea, too funny. We have done everything we could, we are as ready as we can be, all good.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
you guys ok?????

Yes, Dorian’s eye passed by around 8pm and the backend of the storm seems to be milder than the frontend although that was not the forecast. The rain has slowed down but we still have strong winds, it will be another 5 or 6 hours before we know for sure but I believe all will be good. Thank you for checking.

Mona19

Sep 5, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona
Hi, Prednisone is a very strong drug! even for humans, because its steroids type. and one of the side effects are recurring UTI's. I will strongly recommend you to visit a dermatologist to look for DIFFERENT ALTERNATIVE for her allergies. most of the times regular vets will prescribed all kind of drugs without doing blood test and or skin test to check for the right allergen cause.
My mona had the same issue and after so many visits to the vet and way too many drugs and almost loose hope we visit a dermatologist and now she is 98% better!!
i wish you luck!

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi, Prednisone is a very strong drug! even for humans, because its steroids type. and one of the side effects are recurring UTI's. I will strongly recommend you to visit a dermatologist to look for DIFFERENT ALTERNATIVE for her allergies. most of the times regular vets will prescribed all kind of drugs without doing blood test and or skin test to check for the right allergen cause.
My mona had the same issue and after so many visits to the vet and way too many drugs and almost loose hope we visit a dermatologist and now she is 98% better!!
i wish you luck!

Thank you for your reply.

This is the first time I heard that one of the side effects of prednisone was UTI, are you sure about this ?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for your reply.

This is the first time I heard that one of the side effects of prednisone was UTI, are you sure about this ?

Yes it can when used often. Now that study was in humans. But I sure wouldn’t be surprised it would also be in dogs too. I’m so not for prednisone. I sure would go with oil of oregano instead.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yes it can when used often. Now that study was in humans. But I sure wouldn’t be surprised it would also be in dogs too. I’m so not for prednisone. I sure would go with oil of oregano instead.

Bella takes a very low dosage of Prednisone, 5 mg of every 3 days and has been for years, it is not for the UTI. No drugs are good if they can be avoided but at this low of a dosage I have been told it is fine and I believe it is better than the alternative.

She is also taking the oregano, 4 drops every 3 days. When I was at the health food store getting the second bottle of oregano the lady asked me how many drops was I giving Bella and how often, I told her 6 drops a day every day and she said that was to much, the oregano kills all bacteria, good and bad, she recommended 4 drops every 3 days so that is what I have been doing for the past 3 weeks. At 80lbs would you agree with 4 drops every 3 days, the 4 drops are given 2 drops with breakfast and 2 drops with supper.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella takes a very low dosage of Prednisone, 5 mg of every 3 days and has been for years, it is not for the UTI. No drugs are good if they can be avoided but at this low of a dosage I have been told it is fine and I believe it is better than the alternative.

She is also taking the oregano, 4 drops every 3 days. When I was at the health food store getting the second bottle of oregano the lady asked me how many drops was I giving Bella and how often, I told her 6 drops a day every day and she said that was to much, the oregano kills all bacteria, good and bad, she recommended 4 drops every 3 days so that is what I have been doing for the past 3 weeks. At 80lbs would you agree with 4 drops every 3 days, the 4 drops are given 2 drops with breakfast and 2 drops with supper.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Sometimes our hands are tied. You do what you have to. I’m not for any pills but like I said sometimes you have no choice. Oils are the best for maintenance to get to the point pills are not needed. Why it’s very important which I say often “give it every other day only” I never give oils, supplements every single day. People often over supplements for no reason. Regarding OOO, 6 drops a day is way too much, very true. Even adults is 4 drops a day. That being said, OOO is taken in higher dose only when a health issue occurs. Example yeast issue, 4 drops a day “only” as it cannot be taken more than 14 consecutive days. OOO works as an antibiotic and we say very often in here “always “ give a good higher quality of probiotics along with the antibiotics so the gut balances itself. Once infection is gone, I would/do for maintenance even to both my dogs 1-2 drops every other day. For myself cause it’s winter season/flu I do 2-4 drops every other day. There is a huge difference between OOO n Prednisone, one is 100% natural killing bacteria n one is a chemical with side effects. Why I would opt to mother nature first. But definitely all oils n supplements are to be used regular “but” every other day as maintenance to avoid meds. :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Recurring UTIs can be caused by stones. One of our rescues had a staghorn stone in one kidney...recurring UTIs. She was diagnosed at 3 years old and the only effective way to treat her was to pulse antibiotics. She lived with this for her entire life...8 years.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Recurring UTIs can be caused by stones. One of our rescues had a staghorn stone in one kidney...recurring UTIs. She was diagnosed at 3 years old and the only effective way to treat her was to pulse antibiotics. She lived with this for her entire life...8 years.

Thank you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.