Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 29 of 29

Thread: Reoccurring UTI

  1. #25
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,747
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11872

    Default Re: Reoccurring UTI

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella Bluenoser View Post
    Thank you for your reply.

    This is the first time I heard that one of the side effects of prednisone was UTI, are you sure about this ?
    Yes it can when used often. Now that study was in humans. But I sure wouldn’t be surprised it would also be in dogs too. I’m so not for prednisone. I sure would go with oil of oregano instead.

  2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  3. #26
    Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    David Randall
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    100
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Default Re: Reoccurring UTI

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Yes it can when used often. Now that study was in humans. But I sure wouldn’t be surprised it would also be in dogs too. I’m so not for prednisone. I sure would go with oil of oregano instead.
    Bella takes a very low dosage of Prednisone, 5 mg of every 3 days and has been for years, it is not for the UTI. No drugs are good if they can be avoided but at this low of a dosage I have been told it is fine and I believe it is better than the alternative.

    She is also taking the oregano, 4 drops every 3 days. When I was at the health food store getting the second bottle of oregano the lady asked me how many drops was I giving Bella and how often, I told her 6 drops a day every day and she said that was to much, the oregano kills all bacteria, good and bad, she recommended 4 drops every 3 days so that is what I have been doing for the past 3 weeks. At 80lbs would you agree with 4 drops every 3 days, the 4 drops are given 2 drops with breakfast and 2 drops with supper.

    Have a wonderful Sunday.

  4. #27
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,747
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11872

    Default Re: Reoccurring UTI

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella Bluenoser View Post
    Bella takes a very low dosage of Prednisone, 5 mg of every 3 days and has been for years, it is not for the UTI. No drugs are good if they can be avoided but at this low of a dosage I have been told it is fine and I believe it is better than the alternative.

    She is also taking the oregano, 4 drops every 3 days. When I was at the health food store getting the second bottle of oregano the lady asked me how many drops was I giving Bella and how often, I told her 6 drops a day every day and she said that was to much, the oregano kills all bacteria, good and bad, she recommended 4 drops every 3 days so that is what I have been doing for the past 3 weeks. At 80lbs would you agree with 4 drops every 3 days, the 4 drops are given 2 drops with breakfast and 2 drops with supper.

    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Sometimes our hands are tied. You do what you have to. I’m not for any pills but like I said sometimes you have no choice. Oils are the best for maintenance to get to the point pills are not needed. Why it’s very important which I say often “give it every other day only” I never give oils, supplements every single day. People often over supplements for no reason. Regarding OOO, 6 drops a day is way too much, very true. Even adults is 4 drops a day. That being said, OOO is taken in higher dose only when a health issue occurs. Example yeast issue, 4 drops a day “only” as it cannot be taken more than 14 consecutive days. OOO works as an antibiotic and we say very often in here “always “ give a good higher quality of probiotics along with the antibiotics so the gut balances itself. Once infection is gone, I would/do for maintenance even to both my dogs 1-2 drops every other day. For myself cause it’s winter season/flu I do 2-4 drops every other day. There is a huge difference between OOO n Prednisone, one is 100% natural killing bacteria n one is a chemical with side effects. Why I would opt to mother nature first. But definitely all oils n supplements are to be used regular “but” every other day as maintenance to avoid meds.

  5. #28
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    oscarmayer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,129
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    6596

    Default Re: Reoccurring UTI

    Recurring UTIs can be caused by stones. One of our rescues had a staghorn stone in one kidney...recurring UTIs. She was diagnosed at 3 years old and the only effective way to treat her was to pulse antibiotics. She lived with this for her entire life...8 years.

    Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

  6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  7. #29
    Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    David Randall
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    100
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Default Re: Reoccurring UTI

    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    Recurring UTIs can be caused by stones. One of our rescues had a staghorn stone in one kidney...recurring UTIs. She was diagnosed at 3 years old and the only effective way to treat her was to pulse antibiotics. She lived with this for her entire life...8 years.
    Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •