Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Reoccurring UTI

-_
    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I’m on my way out but here’s a couple links for doses. Very well explained. Don’t forget to dilute it....

https://www.dogster.com/dog-food/ore...s-what-to-know

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.co...-for-your-dog/
    Thank you again, I really like the idea of a natural remedy for the reoccurring UTI. I reviewed both articles but I didn’t get the answers I am looking for, it seems to be a simple question but finding the answer isn’t so simple. I just want to know how many drops I should give Bella daily, weekly or monthly. I have been giving her one drop with each meal (breakfast and supper), I started this yesterday with supper. What is your opinion on this dosage, to little, to much, to often ???

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella Bluenoser View Post
    -_

Thank you again, I really like the idea of a natural remedy for the reoccurring UTI. I reviewed both articles but I didn’t get the answers I am looking for, it seems to be a simple question but finding the answer isn’t so simple. I just want to know how many drops I should give Bella daily, weekly or monthly. I have been giving her one drop with each meal (breakfast and supper), I started this yesterday with supper. What is your opinion on this dosage, to little, to much, to often ???
    But it’s there.... says:

How to Administer Oregano Oil for Dogs

For topical applications, like fungal skin conditions, mix one drop of oregano oil for dogs with a teaspoon of a carrier oil (high-quality olive oil or coconut oil are good ones to use). *When giving oregano oil for dogs orally, use two to three drops in a teaspoon of a carrier oil, and administer to your dog three times a day* or based on the recommendation of your dog’s veterinarian.

In a nutshell

Wild Oil of Oregano has become a popular treatment for candidiasis at human doses of 1 drop once or twice per day, building up to a dose of 1 drop 4 times per day, which is considered safe for long-term use.

Dogs dislike the taste and smell of oregano oil. For canine treatment, dilute full-strength oregano oil with coconut oil, then place a drop of the diluted oil in an empty 2-part gelatin capsule, which can be hidden in food. For dogs weighing 50-70 pounds, dilute ½ teaspoon oregano essential oil with ½ teaspoon coconut oil; for dogs weighing 25-35 pounds, use 1 teaspoon coconut oil; and for smaller dogs, use 1½ to 2 teaspoons coconut oil. Start with 1 drop of the diluted oil per day and gradually build up to 1 drop 4 times per day.

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Kennel Cleaner
    Real Name
    David Randall
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

But it’s there.... says:

How to Administer Oregano Oil for Dogs

For topical applications, like fungal skin conditions, mix one drop of oregano oil for dogs with a teaspoon of a carrier oil (high-quality olive oil or coconut oil are good ones to use). *When giving oregano oil for dogs orally, use twos to three drops in a teaspoon of a carrier oil, and administer to your dog three times a day* or based on the recommendation of your dog’s veterinarian.

In a nutshell

Wild Oil of Oregano has become a popular treatment for candidiasis at human doses of 1 drop once or twice per day, building up to a dose of 1 drop 4 times per day, which is considered safe for long-term use.

Dogs dislike the taste and smell of oregano oil. For canine treatment, dilute full-strength oregano oil with coconut oil, then place a drop of the diluted oil in an empty 2-part gelatin capsule, which can be hidden in food. For dogs weighing 50-70 pounds, dilute ½ teaspoon oregano essential oil with ½ teaspoon coconut oil; for dogs weighing 25-35 pounds, use 1 teaspoon coconut oil; and for smaller dogs, use 1½ to 2 teaspoons coconut oil. Start with 1 drop of the diluted oil per day and gradually build up to 1 drop 4 times per day.
    Thank you, please understand that I don’t mean to be a pest I just want to help my bullie. Since Bella doesn’t currently have a UTI she just needs a maintenance dosage to hopefully keep the UTI away. With this dosage information I guess I will keep giving Bella 1 drop per meal on her food for a week to she how she reacts to it, so far she has had no negative results from the oil. I have been adding some water to her kibble and tripe to dilute the oil. If everything seems ok in a week I will increase the dosage to 2 drops per meal unless someone suggests otherwise. Thank you again for your information, I appreciate you and the others on this site who are always willing to help with information. Enjoy the evening and weekend.

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thank you, please understand that I don’t mean to be a pest I just want to help my bullie. Since Bella doesn’t currently have a UTI she just needs a maintenance dosage to hopefully keep the UTI away. With this dosage information I guess I will keep giving Bella 1 drop per meal on her food for a week to she how she reacts to it, so far she has had no negative results from the oil. I have been adding some water to her kibble and tripe to dilute the oil. If everything seems ok in a week I will increase the dosage to 2 drops per meal unless someone suggests otherwise. Thank you again for your information, I appreciate you and the others on this site who are always willing to help with information. Enjoy the evening and weekend.
    Absolutely no problem. You’re NOT a pest. I always say, if you don’t understand ask again n again till you do. Unless you’re asking 20 thousand times then we have a issue lolllll

But seriously, no problem. Rather you do it right than guessing. You don’t want to guess with oils. Also you should introduce organic turmeric and a pinch of black pepper daily. 1/4teaspoon n that pinch of black pepper to get the full potent of the turmeric. Make sure it’s organic as regular turmeric isn’t potent/ chemical balanced. Get the real thing.

BTW I wouldn’t put water with the tripe. Tripe is the most healthiest probiotic out therefor a dog but feed-it from frozen. Worse for bacteria if thawed out. Frozen, no problem, everything is dead....

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Kennel Cleaner
    Real Name
    David Randall
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

_
    Absolutely no problem. You’re NOT a pest. I always say, if you don’t understand ask again n again till you do. Unless you’re asking 20 thousand times then we have a issue lolllll

But seriously, no problem. Rather you do it right than guessing. You don’t want to guess with oils. Also you should introduce organic turmeric and a pinch of black pepper daily. 1/4teaspoon n that pinch of black pepper to get the full potent of the turmeric. Make sure it’s organic as regular turmeric isn’t potent/ chemical balanced. Get the real thing.
    Perfect, another great suggestion. Any suggestions for hurricane Dorian that is forecast to hit us in Nova Scotia tomorrow, lol.

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

_

Perfect, another great suggestion. Any suggestions for hurricane Dorian that is forecast to hit us in Nova Scotia tomorrow, lol.
    Drive towards Quebec lol.... our homes in Canada especially on the east side of Canada are solid. Not made out of bunch of siding like the western side that don’t have bricks or REAL stone.... excluding BC . Stay safe !!!!

Kennel Cleaner
    Real Name
    David Randall
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Drive towards Quebec lol.... our homes in Canada especially on the east side of Canada are solid. Not made out of bunch of siding like the western side that don’t have bricks or REAL stone.... excluding BC . Stay safe !!!!
    That's an idea, too funny. We have done everything we could, we are as ready as we can be, all good.

11. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

That's an idea, too funny. We have done everything we could, we are as ready as we can be, all good.
    Don’t forget to report in so we know you’re all safe! Hold on to your hat my Canuck!

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

you guys ok?????

Kennel Cleaner
    Real Name
    David Randall
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

you guys ok?????
    Yes, Dorian’s eye passed by around 8pm and the backend of the storm seems to be milder than the frontend although that was not the forecast. The rain has slowed down but we still have strong winds, it will be another 5 or 6 hours before we know for sure but I believe all will be good. Thank you for checking.

15. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads