FDA Dog Food brand warning list - Canine Heart Disease

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So what does everyone think of this? It's pretty much all the "high quality" dog food brands everyone here recommends.

https://www.insiderenvy.com/fda-nam...elm&utm_offer=daisy&utm_aid=23843644646520457

Have you noticed there’s NO mentioned of Purina, Science Hill that’s dogs are dropping like flies cause of overdose of Vit D and has continuous extended warnings for the public or Royal Canin on the list? Now you know who is stirring this crap out there. That warning list should say, “The best kibble list”

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So what does everyone think of this? It's pretty much all the "high quality" dog food brands everyone here recommends.

https://www.insiderenvy.com/fda-nam...elm&utm_offer=daisy&utm_aid=23843644646520457

I just had a conversation w/my vet regarding this... she said that based on the information she has received she is NOT telling her patients to switch up their food. My Walter for an example HAS a legitimate grain allergy, so for him I have to look for "grain-free". She also mentioned that many of the labs in the country are working around the clock to test these theories... basically the food is NOT causing the issue, but setting up a gateway for issues on down the road. I find it extremely interesting that many of the brands listed in the HUGE vitamin D recall were mentioned as well (per [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] comment) I smell a rat here!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Proof in the pudding for #4 in the article!

4) The three veterinarians at the heart of the DCM investigation — Dr. Lisa Freeman, Dr. Josh Stern, and Dr. Darcy Adin — all have financial ties to one or more of Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Mars Petcare, and Nestle-Purina Pet Care. Because these companies focus heavily on grain-containing pet foods, they stand to gain phenomenally if the market for “BEG diets” drops out. And the three vets who both instigated the FDA’s investigation and wrote the primary academic articles about DCM all have financial ties to one or more of them. What a coincidence!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online