Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Okay yaā€™ll...Louie has had hives the last couple of days under his belly and legs. Nothing has changed! Iā€™ve been giving Benadryl twice a day. If it had to do with bug bites, would they still be there after a few days? We had some tall weeds in the backyard so maybe from that? Anthony just whacked them all this afternoon. Will see if that changes anything. He gets a variety of protein in his raw but nothing new. Still getting kibble in the am. Iā€™m thinking stop the raw and just do kibble for a few days to see if that helps and then slowly introduce the raw back in. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] nothing to do with food if itā€™s only under the belly n legs. Food doesnā€™t hit a specific area. Btw, you still have that essential oil mix for tick/fleas/mosquito? Use it!!! Lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/Helene... probably the grass.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hives were gone this morning but same thing happened yesterday...disappeared and then came back. I still gave Benadryl this morning and will continue throughout the weekend and see what happens. But!!! This morning while I was inspecting him, I found a bump on his shoulder...maybe a bug bite?? I got bit on my forehead by something about a week or so ago and on my leg a couple weeks before that.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hives are back!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hives are back!!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like he laid down on something. Any ants? Did Louie go in that corner? Or maybe itā€™s not even in that corner, can be anywhere he walked. Start :detective2:

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like he laid down on something. Any ants? Did Louie go in that corner? Or maybe itā€™s not even in that corner, can be anywhere he walked. Start :detective2:

I just gave him a bath and am washing all the blankets. Two days now theyā€™re gone in the morning and then back during the day which makes me think contact allergy. Gotta be something downstairs or outside. Weeds are whacked so nothing rubbing along his belly. A couple weeks ago I cleaned the area rug downstairs! Maybe that? But hives just started this week. Iā€™m going to clean again but with different solution.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just gave him a bath and am washing all the blankets. Two days now theyā€™re gone in the morning and then back during the day which makes me think contact allergy. Gotta be something downstairs or outside. Weeds are whacked so nothing rubbing along his belly. A couple weeks ago I cleaned the area rug downstairs! Maybe that? But hives just started this week. Iā€™m going to clean again but with different solution.

Maybe outside, but was brought in and is in a rug or bed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe outside, but was brought in and is in a rug or bed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iā€™m stumped. Cleaning everything I can inside and taking him out on a leash to control where he goes. Letā€™s see what happens tomorrow!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Iā€™m stumped. Cleaning everything I can inside and taking him out on a leash to control where he goes. Letā€™s see what happens tomorrow!

23B7EF39-B247-4241-A5A2-BDF4CCB1BABF.jpeg

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
So came upstairs and checked him after about an hour and hives were starting to go away. Itā€™s something downstairs or outside, right!??

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So came upstairs and checked him after about an hour and hives were starting to go away. Itā€™s something downstairs or outside, right!??

Wasnā€™t it you that had ants in the house once? If so go back where you first spotted them. Just a thought as heh, you never know.

I would definitely put that spray on him . Heā€™s laying on something for sure. Dumb question but, you washed all his bedding right? What about Jax? Anything on him? Does he follow Louie like a shadow or does his own thing?

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wasnā€™t it you that had ants in the house once? If so go back where you first spotted them. Just a thought as heh, you never know.

I would definitely put that spray on him . Heā€™s laying on something for sure. Dumb question but, you washed all his bedding right? What about Jax? Anything on him? Does he follow Louie like a shadow or does his own thing?

I did have ants, I think last year, in the kitchen. I havenā€™t seen any in the house. There could be some outside though. But when heā€™s outside heā€™s usually running around, not laying around. Now that itā€™s the weekend Iā€™m going to watch him like a hawk. All bedding has now been washed and the area rug downstairs was cleaned too. Jax has been fine, no issues with him and heā€™s usually problem child.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I did have ants, I think last year, in the kitchen. I havenā€™t seen any in the house. There could be some outside though. But when heā€™s outside heā€™s usually running around, not laying around. Now that itā€™s the weekend Iā€™m going to watch him like a hawk. All bedding has now been washed and the area rug downstairs was cleaned too. Jax has been fine, no issues with him and heā€™s usually problem child.

Maybe he sat on Jax.....:D

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe he sat on Jax.....:D

Oh, he always sits on poor Jax lol! Heā€™s got a couple bumps so Iā€™ll see if and when they worsen.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.