Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Maybe you didnā€™t see them. They were living on Louie :p

Check the bedding ā€œinsideā€ just in case. They behind your stove again?

This time they were coming from the entry way into the living room! I hate ants!!!! I did an ant check this morning and didn't see any.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
This time they were coming from the entry way into the living room! I hate ants!!!! I did an ant check this morning and didn't see any.

3F768AE9-B391-41A4-AC65-2739F3F5FAD5.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Get some DE and sprinkle at doorway .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

BudaGus

Aug 29, 2019
Austin tx
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Did you ever find out what was going on with your guy?. My dude has been having similar issue and I can not figure it out! He started with a few hives around mid June. At first I thought a few mosquito bites, then each day was a few more. The mornings would be better by evening he was bumpy. I noticed when he got excited he breaks out more as well-very odd. This went on for a while then he started getting hairloss in the spots where he has a hive.. I took him to the vet the first week of hives. She told me nothing to worry about just continue to give Benadryl like I was and round or antibiotics ( no relief) when hair loss started went back to vet, blood fecal and skin scrapping all normal. I bath him in ketoconazole shampoo. Acv rinse and keto wipes in between baths. Vet doesnā€™t think bacteria or fungus or food related- we have switched foods from chicken protein to lamb to salmon still bumpy. I have cleaned everything inside DE carpets bedding the works. Still no relief. The only thing left to think is grass allergy but would that made his hair fall out? Or allergy to monthly heart worm/flea meds?.. idk Iā€™m stumped and going crazy

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Did you ever find out what was going on with your guy?. My dude has been having similar issue and I can not figure it out! He started with a few hives around mid June. At first I thought a few mosquito bites, then each day was a few more. The mornings would be better by evening he was bumpy. I noticed when he got excited he breaks out more as well-very odd. This went on for a while then he started getting hairloss in the spots where he has a hive.. I took him to the vet the first week of hives. She told me nothing to worry about just continue to give Benadryl like I was and round or antibiotics ( no relief) when hair loss started went back to vet, blood fecal and skin scrapping all normal. I bath him in ketoconazole shampoo. Acv rinse and keto wipes in between baths. Vet doesnā€™t think bacteria or fungus or food related- we have switched foods from chicken protein to lamb to salmon still bumpy. I have cleaned everything inside DE carpets bedding the works. Still no relief. The only thing left to think is grass allergy but would that made his hair fall out? Or allergy to monthly heart worm/flea meds?.. idk Iā€™m stumped and going crazy
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

WELCOME to EBN

What brand food you give your dog? How long ago did you do your switch? Question for you n [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION], do you guys spray or fertilize your lawns?

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

WELCOME to EBN

What brand food you give your dog? How long ago did you do your switch? Question for you n [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION], do you guys spray or fertilize your lawns?

Short answer is no. He hasnā€™t had the hives maybe going on two weeks now. Itā€™s possible the rabbit protein caused it or that could have just been a coincidence. I havenā€™t given him rabbit since then but I will eventually have to try it out again to see what happens. Was the hives and flea/heart worm medication close in time. Trust me, I know how frustrating it is when you try everything and canā€™t figure it out.

But yes, what food are you feeding? It could be another ingredient other than the protein.

I recently switched Louieā€™s kibble to the Earthborn Holistics Venture Alaska Pollock and Pumpkin.

No spraying in my yard of fertilizer or any chemicals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Short answer is no. He hasnā€™t had the hives maybe going on two weeks now. Itā€™s possible the rabbit protein caused it or that could have just been a coincidence. I havenā€™t given him rabbit since then but I will eventually have to try it out again to see what happens. Was the hives and flea/heart worm medication close in time. Trust me, I know how frustrating it is when you try everything and canā€™t figure it out.

But yes, what food are you feeding? It could be another ingredient other than the protein.

I recently switched Louieā€™s kibble to the Earthborn Holistics Venture Alaska Pollock and Pumpkin.

No spraying in my yard of fertilizer or any chemicals. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES only way to see if itā€™s rabbit you need to feed it again. I would give it a good month before trying it again though.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.