United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Maybe he sat on Jax.....:D

Happening right now...Proof [emoji23]

f6eed8663da09f57e6c08b445687c79a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happening right now...Proof [emoji23]

f6eed8663da09f57e6c08b445687c79a.jpg

LMAO...LMAO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:laugh:If Jax puts up with that-he is a good lil' brother!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay...hives started creeping up the front legs and shoulders and some on chest. This morning when I woke up all hives were gone. I told my son to check him as soon as he woke up and before he feeds. Zero hives. Fed him breakfast and hives started coming back. Louie ate raw for both meals yesterday, rabbit was included. This morning was rabbit. Coincidence? Sooooo...I am going to feed all kibble the next couple of days and see what happens.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Okay...hives started creeping up the front legs and shoulders and some on chest. This morning when I woke up all hives were gone. I told my son to check him as soon as he woke up and before he feeds. Zero hives. Fed him breakfast and hives started coming back. Louie ate raw for both meals yesterday, rabbit was included. This morning was rabbit. Coincidence? Sooooo...I am going to feed all kibble the next couple of days and see what happens.

Ugh... he might be allergic to rabbit

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Ahhh so it’s not just the belly... why we all thought it was where he was laying down. Is rabbit new to him or how long he’s been eating rabbit? What else is in that raw n how long he’s been eating it?

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ahhh so it’s not just the belly... why we all thought it was where he was laying down. Is rabbit new to him or how long he’s been eating rabbit? What else is in that raw n how long he’s been eating it?

It started as just the belly and has been slowly creeping up. Rabbit is not new to him, he's been having in the rotation for several months. And it's just the whole rabbit ground up, nothing added. I usually mix up 2 weeks worth of food at a time so he has been getting rabbit, bison, whitefish/salmon and a little beef/salmon. None of which are brand new to him. So I am going to take raw out of the equation for a few days to see if the hives stop and then slowly introduce the raw back in so I can keep track of each protein. Hopefully I am onto something and can finally start narrowing down the issue.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It started as just the belly and has been slowly creeping up. Rabbit is not new to him, he's been having in the rotation for several months. And it's just the whole rabbit ground up, nothing added. I usually mix up 2 weeks worth of food at a time so he has been getting rabbit, bison, whitefish/salmon and a little beef/salmon. None of which are brand new to him. So I am going to take raw out of the equation for a few days to see if the hives stop and then slowly introduce the raw back in so I can keep track of each protein. Hopefully I am onto something and can finally start narrowing down the issue.

Yes one protein at a time even the fish. Don’t mix salmon with whitefish. One at a time. There’s something else I’m not seeing. You’ve been doing rotation since he’s a pup. He would of come out with an allergy long time ago. Rotation is the best way for a pup not to develop allergies. Well unless there’s “is” a protein a dog can’t do. In Louie’s case, none at all. Nyala, Duke even Jake we’re raised on rotation and none have allergies. Just wondering if it’s not something else aside from his diet. Stupid question but is his harness cleaned or he got into something with it on? Start over like you said for raw. Take it from there. Keep us posted and tag me I want to see what’s happening with each raw. Btw, a month before Duke passed I gave him kefir and hives stared slowly creeping up on him. It did disappear but came back on n off for a weekish. Kefir was new to him that month. It was the culprit.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes one protein at a time even the fish. Don’t mix salmon with whitefish. One at a time. There’s something else I’m not seeing. You’ve been doing rotation since he’s a pup. He would of come out with an allergy long time ago. Rotation is the best way for a pup not to develop allergies. Well unless there’s “is” a protein a dog can’t do. In Louie’s case, none at all. Nyala, Duke even Jake we’re raised on rotation and none have allergies. Just wondering if it’s not something else aside from his diet. Stupid question but is his harness cleaned or he got into something with it on? Start over like you said for raw. Take it from there. Keep us posted and tag me I want to see what’s happening with each raw. Btw, a month before Duke passed I gave him kefir and hives stared slowly creeping up on him. It did disappear but came back on n off for a weekish. Kefir was new to him that month. It was the culprit.

It might definitely not be diet related at all but so far that's the only thing that I have been able to track...no hives in morning, but hives after eat and the last couple days has all been raw and rabbit has been in there. The whitefish/salmon is already together but I can easily just not give that to him for awhile. Will just have to start from scratch with proteins and see if that is what it is causing the hives. He doesn't wear a harness, just either the pinch or the martingale collar. I need something to start narrowing down cause so far I have been stumped.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Just a thought,,,,,,,, My Shih Tzu developed a reaction to "rosemary". It's a good thing for most, but not for her, it would cause bumps, and i *believe* her seizures. When i got it out of her food, they (seizures) lessened tremendously. Unfortunately, her skin issue became overwhelming and couldnt seem to get it under control. just started with hives :( End of story. 6 years down the road and still cant talk about her w/o breaking into tears.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just a thought,,,,,,,, My Shih Tzu developed a reaction to "rosemary". It's a good thing for most, but not for her, it would cause bumps, and i *believe* her seizures. When i got it out of her food, they (seizures) lessened tremendously. Unfortunately, her skin issue became overwhelming and couldnt seem to get it under control. just started with hives :( End of story. 6 years down the road and still cant talk about her w/o breaking into tears.

Today I am testing him with kibble only so we'll see what happens.

Hugs to you!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
awwwww, hugs back :) And???? how did he do ?

So yesterday was a kibble only day. He had just a few hives during the day and when this all started he had A LOT, like you could just see bumps everywhere. So I am going to do just kibble a couple more days, then slowly introduce raw back in and see what happens. It may not be a food thing at all and whatever it is could just be "leaving" and that's why the hives are lessening. Who knows! But I want to take my detective hat off soon lol.

And [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] guess what showed up in the living room yesterday...damn ants!! But the hives started last week and the ants just showed up yesterday so I don't think they are related.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So yesterday was a kibble only day. He had just a few hives during the day and when this all started he had A LOT, like you could just see bumps everywhere. So I am going to do just kibble a couple more days, then slowly introduce raw back in and see what happens. It may not be a food thing at all and whatever it is could just be "leaving" and that's why the hives are lessening. Who knows! But I want to take my detective hat off soon lol.

And [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] guess what showed up in the living room yesterday...damn ants!! But the hives started last week and the ants just showed up yesterday so I don't think they are related.

Maybe you didn’t see them. They were living on Louie :p

Check the bedding “inside” just in case. They behind your stove again?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.