Advise on 7mo old with pneumonia that doesn’t seem to be resolving..

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh wow! Thanks for the heads up.. lol that prob would have freaked me out. I just heard back from vet and they would like to continue her on the antibiotics for awhile longer. She responded so well with it once we introduced it as well as the x-rays cleared up so much. Hopefully all of this will help her get back to normal again. Thank you so much for your support :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure if you give antibiotics to give on daily basis probiotics. That’s a lot of antibiotics. It will kill the immune system and will talk longer for his good flora in the gut to get back on track. Give something fermented. Like, sauerkraut, yogurt, kefir....(fridge side)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Make sure if you give antibiotics to give on daily basis probiotics. That’s a lot of antibiotics. It will kill the immune system and will talk longer for his good flora in the gut to get back on track. Give something fermented. Like, sauerkraut, yogurt, kefir....(fridge side)

Or can give a commercial product like Probiotic Miracle, Proviable DC, Herbsmith Microflora.

Or a hybrid like raw goats milk cultured with Garden of Life Primal Defense capsules, or Answers fermented raw goat milk which is similar.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Or can give a commercial product like Probiotic Miracle, Proviable DC, Herbsmith Microflora.

Or a hybrid like raw goats milk cultured with Garden of Life Primal Defense capsules, or Answers fermented raw goat milk which is similar.

True....that would work.

But as you probably know or notice I go more towards food to heal. I’m not a big fan of pill form. That being said, I would also be careful with any form of fermented milk since he’s just a puppy. Diarrhea can kick in. Need to be introduced very slowly and gradually up the dose. But heh, that’s me.

OP
D

Dfoiles

Aug 5, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kona
I will go ahead and introduce some probiotics.. I’m thinking of starting with just plain yogurt. I know previously growing up my mom would mix with their food for upset stomach etc.
would love some recommendations on how to introduce the yogurt, and about how much?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I will go ahead and introduce some probiotics.. I’m thinking of starting with just plain yogurt. I know previously growing up my mom would mix with their food for upset stomach etc.
would love some recommendations on how to introduce the yogurt, and about how much?

Go with plain Greek yogurt as the probiotics are higher than regular plain yogurt. One tablespoon per day is good. No need to mix in food. Give it as a mid day snack or when ever.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.