Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Eye stains...

Hi!! Congrats on your new bully!! I am so glad you saved them from those people. The wonderful people here like to ask alot of questions to better understand what is going on in your bullys life and find the best way to help you both. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your lovely guy!!!

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Hi,
    One thing you will find here is that no one will jusge you. And even those who have been around for many years don't know it all, so don't worry.
    As you will read here, there are lots of opinions and FREE advice. but be sure and read LOTS of thread as well as do you own research on other websites about food quality for EBD's. What you need to find out is what is the BEST food for YOUR dogs. Some foods are better for some breeds. I have a lab also and beneful works great for her, no probs. But the Bullies get a variety. The puppy gets Royal Canin, two adults get Canidae (grain free, ALS) and another gets bison protein.
    So no one brand is best for all, and just becuase it is expensive does not mean that is what you have to buy. Avoid making home made, to avoid inconsistency and certainly the other items in packaged foods are benefical.
    See the other posts and threads about skin conditions as well. Some skin conditions are food related, some are environmental (inside and out) and yet even others are genetic, heritic or breed specific. It does take time and there is a lot to do to treat the conditions for making him feel better. Oatmeal shampoos and conditioners are very good, itch/hot spot sprays and lotions and even making sure of the laundry soap you are using is important.
    But don't change everything or try everything at once. If it does improve, you will have no way of knowing what exactly works.

Continue to rub the rabbits foot on your hand, his paws (all 4) and way in the air in a circle three times counterclock wise.
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn, How is that facial scrubb working out for you? Have you been able to note any progress? I've noticed Biggie starting to develop a bit of a tear stain on the white side of his face and want to nip it in the bud.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

And did you know that water can cause tear staining?
    anything that effects the PH level of the tears can cause tear staining. As long as it is NOT from an infection, very minimual concern.
    TUMS, Vinegar, Milk of Magnesia?

Keep wiped clean and DRY.
    Good day~
    Last edited by cali~jenn; 04-28-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: link removal
    B&B~ABEBD

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FridayGt View Post
    @cali~jenn, How is that facial scrubb working out for you? Have you been able to note any progress? I've noticed Biggie starting to develop a bit of a tear stain on the white side of his face and want to nip it in the bud.
    It actually appeared to be working well when I used it for a few days in a row but then life got crazy and I have only used it now like 1 time a week. It says to use everyday until the stains are gone then 1 a week to maintain so I need to get on it and use it more regularly. I say it really does seem to help tho.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    It actually appeared to be working well when I used it for a few days in a row but then life got crazy and I have only used it now like 1 time a week. It says to use everyday until the stains are gone then 1 a week to maintain so I need to get on it and use it more regularly. I say it really does seem to help tho.
    Thank you for replying back! I think I'm going to try just using filtered water for a little while, and if it doesn't start to clear up, I might try tracking down that creme!

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

How are the tear stains?
    Changing food or water is better than products that alter the PH level. What might fix one problem might cause another problem due to change of PH level unless a vet test is done before and after.
    Or so my vet say's.
    What say you 'all?
    B&B~ABEBD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads