Help Needed! Chewed foot

Mmaker

Feb 21, 2016
New Mexico
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsie
First she chewed on an intradigital cyst and into the meat of her foot and is now chewing on the other foot. We are using Petmd anti fungal and bacterial spray, also have tried lidocaine spray to numb the area, and we have wrapped with the bitter tasting vet wrap. Anyone have any other ideas?
4a6cc65f83f88d3b50801ceba6d6b35a.jpg
e9fcf8d7c124abd9a57c876dcd941882.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Ouch! That doesnt look plesant.

I hate to say but you might need to use an e-collar (I hate putting them on my dogs) so she doesn't continue to go after it. I also would avoid wrapping it because it might keep moisture in, preventing it from healing.

I've heard epsom salt soaks will help speed up the healing process but it sounds like a e collar will help here too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would try the epsom salt soak to see if that would help dry it out... maybe put a sock on her when she starts chewing at it.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Epsom salt soaks. You can also try spraying some colloidal silver on it which you can get on Amazon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
First she chewed on an intradigital cyst and into the meat of her foot and is now chewing on the other foot. We are using Petmd anti fungal and bacterial spray, also have tried lidocaine spray to numb the area, and we have wrapped with the bitter tasting vet wrap. Anyone have any other ideas?
4a6cc65f83f88d3b50801ceba6d6b35a.jpg
e9fcf8d7c124abd9a57c876dcd941882.jpg

Also... these are usually the reaction to an allergy.... wipes her paws after being outside, yes, every time, and what food do you feed? How old is she?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My little Duke had them often n I find Bag Balm worked great. Must be the green tin can. I would also put socks on.

OP
Mmaker

Mmaker

Feb 21, 2016
New Mexico
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsie
She is 6 1/2 yrs old. She eats raw. She is allergic to brewers yeast and beef. Will try the bag balm, and continue Epsom salts as I forgot to mention that,and we do use socks. We have tried an e collar, she literally turned on the tears when my husband put it on her. The one one larger less red has been around for two months, I think it has scarred over. The odd part is we have never seen any trace of blood. But you can see where the fur has split. Vet says keep clean and watch it.

Thank you everyone for your help!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is 6 1/2 yrs old. She eats raw. She is allergic to brewers yeast and beef. Will try the bag balm, and continue Epsom salts as I forgot to mention that,and we do use socks. We have tried an e collar, she literally turned on the tears when my husband put it on her. The one one larger less red has been around for two months, I think it has scarred over. The odd part is we have never seen any trace of blood. But you can see where the fur has split. Vet says keep clean and watch it.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Keep us posted... poor girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.