Bully Breath and teeth question

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
A facebook friend and member here at the site has a question, but she is at work and does not have her login info, and asked if I could post for her.

Here it is:

I need to figure out how to help Bubba(bulldog) with his bad ordor breath. I noticed a few spots on his teeth that have black spots on them. I noticed how you reach out to the public and ask them if anyone can recomend any advice and this is why i am writing you today.
This is a recent thing and i want to figure out the issue before seeing the vet.
Thanks any help and advice will help...

Any advice for our fellow bully owner?

emangan

May 21, 2010
hi never had this with mine . I am curious do u feed dry or soft food ? Does he have access to something to get into?? And do you ever brush teeth or give dog some kind of dental chew? I would
definitely go to vet to i would be worried about possible infection due to black spots . I wish you the best .

Jenni0109

Apr 30, 2010
Lithia, Fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly
Does your bullie like to groom/ lick himself alot? I have seen a couple of cases where the fur gets stuck in between the gums and teeth and cause bacteria build up. Maybe an infected tooth?? Tarter build up??

petunia13

May 8, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley & Winston
I don't know if this will help, but I agree with the previous post regarding going to your vet for a checkup... Our rescue, Winston, used to get these silver/black colored marks on his teeth. I could never figure it out because I use dental wipes to clean his teeth... I asked our vet about them and she was able to tell us it was from mouthing or chewing on his crate probably due to anxiety.. He and Bentley "crate" together now and I dont see it too much anymore.
Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.