Help Needed! Lump found on anus

Kellylowe31

Oct 28, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
Ronnie has has sore bottom today. Hes been going for the toilet fine but hasn't been himself been pacing around and keeps sitting and standing up. I've just wiped him after the toilet and have felt quite a hard lump on his anus hes been sleeping quite a lot last few days but had put this down the heat. He also will not let me go near him and runs away when I try look he normally doesn't mind.being groomed and me washing his bottom. I have attached a.photo of anyone has any advice. We will be at the vet first thing in morning x 20190630_211358.jpg

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I'm having a tough time seeing the bump in the pic but my first thoughts are: hemorrhoids, polyp or a environmental irritation. If hemorrhoids or polyp, likely increasing fiber (canned pumpkin) will help keep it at Bay.

My Frenchie mix had a hemorrhoid and polyp for years and we only removed it when he had his teeth cleaned (ie it wasn't urgent to remove).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Not sure what it is but try washing with chlorhexidine or betadine and then putting on some Sudocreme and Germolene tonight if he lets you, as long as he doesn't lick there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ronnie has has sore bottom today. Hes been going for the toilet fine but hasn't been himself been pacing around and keeps sitting and standing up. I've just wiped him after the toilet and have felt quite a hard lump on his anus hes been sleeping quite a lot last few days but had put this down the heat. He also will not let me go near him and runs away when I try look he normally doesn't mind.being groomed and me washing his bottom. I have attached a.photo of anyone has any advice. We will be at the vet first thing in morning x View attachment 116882

Is it behind the anis in this photo? If yes, I’d have it checked by your vet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kellylowe31

Oct 28, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
Hi yes its behind the anus like at the top. Poor souls not letting me near it he instantly sits down when I go nest him with wipes and he runs away

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
See Vet. Looks like a cyst and left unattended could result in fistula. In that location, nothing to play around with.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi yes its behind the anus like at the top. Poor souls not letting me near it he instantly sits down when I go nest him with wipes and he runs away

Agree with chip.. vet visit

OP
K

Kellylowe31

Oct 28, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
Just back from vet. Wasnt overly pleased with the visit. She she said it was a scab and that he has irritation linked to his skin issues. But I've never in his short little life seen him so much pain while she was examining in him he was howling in pain growling snarling and snapping and trying to bite hes never done that before he wont come near any of us now. Surely some slight irritation wouldn't cause that much pain

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just back from vet. Wasnt overly pleased with the visit. She she said it was a scab and that he has irritation linked to his skin issues. But I've never in his short little life seen him so much pain while she was examining in him he was howling in pain growling snarling and snapping and trying to bite hes never done that before he wont come near any of us now. Surely some slight irritation wouldn't cause that much pain

Holy crap!!! What did she do? Poor boy

OP
K

Kellylowe31

Oct 28, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
She stuck her fingers inside him. But hes had this done before and been totally fine but not thos time. So something in there must be killing him. She said everything felt normal and she couldn't feel anything

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from see the scab which also came away while she was examining him x

OP
K

Kellylowe31

Oct 28, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
He also isn't getting any sleep he keeps jumping up in shock and trying to reach that area obv he cant reach. Hes also been on edge all day and jumpy

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Is this a bulldog knowledgeable vet? Might want to find another vet if not, or at least get a second opinion as it sounds like he’s in pain from more than just a scab.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=18696]Kellylowe31[/MENTION] Definitely find another Veterinarian to take him to. Not that much pain from a "scab". Better have it checked out further! The sooner the better.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He also isn't getting any sleep he keeps jumping up in shock and trying to reach that area obv he cant reach. Hes also been on edge all day and jumpy

Something is not right.. can you get a second opinion, different vet?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.