My Hank ran too hard and is sore

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
What can i give him from home. Did rub his leg with some oils ;) but anything internal i can do ? Asprin,,, aleave? I know some are absolute NO!!!!! 's but been a LONG time since needed anything. And hi friends. Miss this place so much... Just have so many distractions :(

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
What can i give him from home. Did rub his leg with some oils ;) but anything internal i can do ? Asprin,,, aleave? I know some are absolute NO!!!!! 's but been a LONG time since needed anything. And hi friends. Miss this place so much... Just have so many distractions :(

Can you get CBD oil? It’s a good anti-inflammatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Aleve as meds = NO NO!!!! Use aspirin if you want to go that way. CBD oil is better.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Sorry guys, out of HUMAN non-steroid anti inflammatory medications, ONLY medicines containing MELOXICAM are safe for dogs in accordingly smaller doses. So, please NO aspirin, ibuprofen or aleve. If you or your friends by any chance happened to have medicines containing meloxicam - like Mobic, you can give it to your doggy. Tablets 7,5 mg - 1 tablet once a day. Or if you have a syrup, which is even better, 5 ml syrup (7,5 mg in 5ml) a day. And watch for signs of digestive issues or bleeding - black poop etc, as usual with all anti inflammatory meds.
For the rest there are special dogs medicines for joint pain.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes true.... asprine is ok but...like any meds you cannot give on regular basis. Like mentioned CBD oil is by far the best.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We are giving one of our placements Turmeric...seems to help.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Sorry guys, out of HUMAN non-steroid anti inflammatory medications, ONLY medicines containing MELOXICAM are safe for dogs in accordingly smaller doses. So, please NO aspirin, ibuprofen or aleve. If you or your friends by any chance happened to have medicines containing meloxicam - like Mobic, you can give it to your doggy. Tablets 7,5 mg - 1 tablet once a day. Or if you have a syrup, which is even better, 5 ml syrup (7,5 mg in 5ml) a day. And watch for signs of digestive issues or bleeding - black poop etc, as usual with all anti inflammatory meds.
For the rest there are special dogs medicines for joint pain.

Sorry to hear, hope he feels better soon !!! Agree with everything said, except, isn't meloxicam dose for dog 0.05 mg/pound once dally? eg. 2.5 mg daily . I don't have my vet manual with me to check.
And I'm sure you know you can give the Actiflex 4000 plus Movoflex plus fish oil plus turmeric. And I know [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] also likes laser therapy sessions .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Turmeric, Movoflex and laser sessions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank you all so very much. I AM going to get some CBD because i believe in it fully.But, i was out i the hills and all i had was my tumeric so thats what he got and it did him well. He is still somewhat gimpy and will keep giving this till at least tomorrow, but danged if i hadn't forgotten that this was a good option. I kept him on it forever and dont know how these things just sort of slip away. So thanks. :) And super glad for the reminder for the big NO on the other stuff. You guys are still the best......... oh crap ;) also BACK on the actiflex now home, and his oils. He be better in no time :)

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Sorry to hear, hope he feels better soon !!! Agree with everything said, except, isn't meloxicam dose for dog 0.05 mg/pound once dally? eg. 2.5 mg daily . I don't have my vet manual with me to check.
And I'm sure you know you can give the Actiflex 4000 plus Movoflex plus fish oil plus turmeric. And I know @2BullyMama also likes laser therapy sessions .
I think you are right! 7,5 is too much!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

How's Hank doing now?

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hank is doing great :) thank you :) No gimp but still watching him as he has no sense of his own ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.