Second Obstruction Episode - Any Experience?

nellbell

Feb 5, 2014
Braintree, MA
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly
Hi,

Nelly had a previous obstruction (bedding) and with accordion and perforation, she had a resection at removal.

Just left her at the ER with appears to be a small cloth in her small intestine (we are extremely cautious but picked her up from the kennel on Friday). They are observing her overnight, hoping for passage, and will ultrasound tomorrow to determine next step.

Has anyone had a bully who has had multiple obstructions and/or intestinal surgeries?

She ate and eliminated on Friday, threw up Saturday morning, food fasted her until this morning, and took her when vomiting did not subside. No yellow bile, just white foam.

Thanks in advance.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
There are some dogs who just prone to picking up and swallowing stuff. Some dogs have multiple surgeries. You have to watch her thoroughly, remove bedding, may be lock her in a room when you leave.

OP
N

nellbell

Feb 5, 2014
Braintree, MA
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly
There are some dogs who just prone to picking up and swallowing stuff. Some dogs have multiple surgeries. You have to watch her thoroughly, remove bedding, may be lock her in a room when you leave.

Thank you. It’s comforting to hear that dogs can have multiple surgeries. She has no bedding and is confined at home. She was kenneled for a week until Friday.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I’ve never dealt with it but I do know someone whose bully had like 3 surgeries cause he kept eating things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you. It’s comforting to hear that dogs can have multiple surgeries. She has no bedding and is confined at home. She was kenneled for a week until Friday.

Kennel might have given her bedding :(

How is she doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

nellbell

Feb 5, 2014
Braintree, MA
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly
She had the obstruction removed yesterday and is coming home today. We were fortunate in its location, still mostly within the stomach, so they were able to use a minor incision and avoid the intestines. I was concerned because a large section was removed previously. Still not sure what the item was, perhaps something from kennel, or something from before we left, but glad it happened when we were home. If we were away it may have been a different outcome. Thanks for the replies and concern!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.