Help Needed! Bumps and now sores all over under his skin

Hammerhead

Jun 16, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hammerhead
My 8yr old buddy hammerhead has started to get bumps under his skin and it is all over his body. And today the started to break through like little valcanos and fester a few at a time. Now some are just open stores. He is now is pain and does not scratch at them ,they just raise up and pop open. Does anyone know what this could be ,or have treated this on there puppy.please help.. he is also my medical service dog.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My 8yr old buddy hammerhead has started to get bumps under his skin and it is all over his body. And today the started to break through like little valcanos and fester a few at a time. Now some are just open stores. He is now is pain and does not scratch at them ,they just raise up and pop open. Does anyone know what this could be ,or have treated this on there puppy.please help.. he is also my medical service dog.

Absolutely need photos of what you’re describing plz. Give him Benadryl immediately.

The standard dosage for oral Benadryl is 1 mg per pound of body weight, given 2-3 times a day. Most drug store diphenhydramine tablets are 25 mg, which is the size used for a 25 pound dog. Always double check the dosage before giving an over the counter medication. In addition, many formulations are combined with other medications such as Tylenol so make sure Benadryl tablets contain only diphenhydramine.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor Hammerhead. I would take him to a vet. Castor had such bumps under the skin (but they never broke) and he got a cortison injection and some pills. In his case it was some kind of allergic reaction, probably to sand flies as he had been to the beach. I don't know if this is what Hammerhead has got, but I would definitely take him to the vet.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
It could be an allergic reaction but hard to say without seeing photos.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed... pictures will help us give you some insight.... I hope it is nothing serious

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.