Millie’s First Heat

TheOneTrueJeff

Nov 28, 2018
Pike Road, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
So we are about 16 days into Ms. Millie’s first heat. For the most part everything has been ok and she has been trying to figure things out (and so have I). The last few days she has been squatting several times (maybe 4 or 5) to pee. She did this once before as a puppy and in a few days she stopped so I didn’t think anything of it. However the last two days I’d say it’s gotten a little worse and she has even squatted without peeing I think. She is at the stage in her heat where her discharge is more thick and clotting some. I’m wondering if she is confused since this is her first heat and she’s not real sure about what to do with what’s going on down there or if she has gotten a UTI. Has anyone had a similar experience with their pup acting this way and it wasn’t a UTI, thanks!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So we are about 16 days into Ms. Millie’s first heat. For the most part everything has been ok and she has been trying to figure things out (and so have I). The last few days she has been squatting several times (maybe 4 or 5) to pee. She did this once before as a puppy and in a few days she stopped so I didn’t think anything of it. However the last two days I’d say it’s gotten a little worse and she has even squatted without peeing I think. She is at the stage in her heat where her discharge is more thick and clotting some. I’m wondering if she is confused since this is her first heat and she’s not real sure about what to do with what’s going on down there or if she has gotten a UTI. Has anyone had a similar experience with their pup acting this way and it wasn’t a UTI, thanks!

I’m thinking it could be a UTI... might want to have it checked. I have no experience with heat cycles but what you described sounds like UTI behavior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION]

Bella never had that happen.
You may want to get her checked for a UTI.
:-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have had females who have done that, due to the swelling and feeling uncomfortable. If you are worried, the best thing(for your own reassurance) would to be taking her in, and bring a fresh urine sample. You can catch it using a low tray or tv dinner tray. [MENTION=18738]TheOneTrueJeff[/MENTION]

OP
T

TheOneTrueJeff

Nov 28, 2018
Pike Road, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
I have had females who have done that, due to the swelling and feeling uncomfortable. If you are worried, the best thing(for your own reassurance) would to be taking her in, and bring a fresh urine sample. You can catch it using a low tray or tv dinner tray. [MENTION=18738]TheOneTrueJeff[/MENTION]

She didn’t do it today. I’m thinking she’s just trying to figure things out. I will probably take a sample to the vet Monday just to be safe. Thanks for all the replies. 8FD2F550-BB92-45E7-AFEA-07B9DECB2EC2.jpeg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.