Advantage Multi turned Gator's fur BLACK!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I put the Advantage on Gator at night before bed so it would dry by the morning and it turned his fur BLACK at the application site! It came off with some wiping with a baby wipe. My vet had never heard of that. has anyone else had this happen???

EDITED TO SAY: It was not K9 Advantix, it was the Advantage Multi but it won't let me change the thread name, even in the advanced area

Last edited:

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
U know I used that once on spike and it turned his fur PURPLE I didn't use it again. Vet didn't know what could have caused it either :\

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is strange! Oh and I edited your title for you :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I wouldn't use it again either. But it was good that you were able to rub it off.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for changing the title :). I don't want to mislead anyone about the brand. Well, we will NOT be using that again. We have switched to an oral heartworm/flea preventative instead but since I wiped it off, I won't give him that until the middle of the month because I don't want to take the chance of accidentally "doubling up" on it.

PURPLE huh? Wonder if it is a bulldog thing.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Wow, I wouldnt use it again. I use Frontline on Mocha, but I was thinking of changing to a new one that is called Revolution,unfourtunally our Vet dosent carry it. I think Frontline is not as good as it used to be.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Someone mentioned it could have been residue from his bath the night before. Wonder if that could be it? I think I rinse him very well. Who knows. I just know that stuff is not coming back into this house. I am switching our Basset Lucy as well.

Glen Weiss

Jul 2, 2014
This just happened to me, too! I used Advantix 2 on all five of my dogs. I used it on my pitt puppy for the first time; he's brown and white. It turned his white fur black where I applied it near his neck. It did NOT have a similar affect on my older dog, who is black and white. I'm keeping a close eye on him. So far no ill effects.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sorry I am not familiar with that brand, we use Revolution, and have never had any problems or side effects.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.