General Question Question

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan šŸ‘¼šŸ»šŸŒˆ(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Can Logan & Brett (both 4 yrs old) take these too?? Iā€™ve been taking them and Iā€™ve read somewhere they can take it too. But I want to make sure. I know others taking a diff brand ...

3d1c125fad5a11f1212fb2a7f2728fad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have read that long term use of glucosimine-a type of sugar, can deplete calcium,and make the liver overwork. and MsM-a type of sulfur can elevate blood pressure in dogs. But everyone has different opinions, as with most supplements. This discussion was for long term use. Short term use was about 30 days.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I rarely give supplements to my dogs as both eat raw. I went to check the ingredients online and yours is 1500 for 2 tablets. IMO thatā€™s a lot of tablets if youā€™re taking it 3x a day. It basically boils down to what you dogs eat. If itā€™s kibbles, companies already add supplements in kibbles. There is absolutely no need to over supplement dogs even humans if you/they eat balanced. I rather give marrow bones, fresh veggies, fermented veggies or sauerkraut, Greek yogurt, eggs, sardines etc etc than supplements. I donā€™t know what youā€™re feeding your dogs but check whatā€™s written on the back if itā€™s kibbles. Bare in mind if you want to give them your glucosamine only every other day. Simply depends on what they are fed daily. Watch out not to over supplement on vitamin D.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I would say no, because you would need to give roughly 1000 mg glucosamine and 500mg MSM for a 50 pound dog per day, and this product has equal amounts of both ingredients. I have been giving my dog Actiflex-4000 for 3 years now, which has glucosamine, MSM , green mussels etc, and she has been fine on it.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan šŸ‘¼šŸ»šŸŒˆ(1/3/05-05/1/21)
I rarely give supplements to my dogs as both eat raw. I went to check the ingredients online and yours is 1500 for 2 tablets. IMO thatā€™s a lot of tablets if youā€™re taking it 3x a day. It basically boils down to what you dogs eat. If itā€™s kibbles, companies already add supplements in kibbles. There is absolutely no need to over supplement dogs even humans if you/they eat balanced. I rather give marrow bones, fresh veggies, fermented veggies or sauerkraut, Greek yogurt, eggs, sardines etc etc than supplements. I donā€™t know what youā€™re feeding your dogs but check whatā€™s written on the back if itā€™s kibbles. Bare in mind if you want to give them your glucosamine only every other day. Simply depends on what they are fed daily. Watch out not to over supplement on vitamin D.

Oh okay thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.