thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Hi guys,
I am looking for your expert input again.. :)

I noticed Stella's eye the other day was a little goopy.but it was hard to tell because it was just clear. Almost like her eye was watering extra. But since then i have wiped now 2 times a little goober (for lack of a better term) from below her eye. It was thick and kind of cream colored

Is this due to allergies? She is definitely suffering from seasonal allergies. She is itching a lot and her eyes get red and she has gotten a couple of cysts between paws. I have been soaking them in epsom salts and that seems to be working.

I don't want her to suffer with allergies but don't want to put her on meds like apaquil. Can you all share what has worked best for you?

I found some links on the "holistic approach" here in the forum. One had like 10 different things to do. Does that mean do them all, or pick one??
I don't quite know how to save that link either or link it to here.. Hopefully some of you know which i am referring to.

I guess i am just looking to know what worked well holistically for your bullies?? And is the eye goober allergies too?

Thanks in advance!!
Theresa and Stella

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Since it is clear, it is probably environmental allergies.... you can wipe her face and paws after being outside, just cool wet cloth to remove the pollen. Benedryl.. 1 mg per pound up to 3 x a day or Claritin/Zyrtec once a day.

Lambeau allergic to everything green and then some... only Zyrtec works for him, it really just lessen the impact doesnā€™t stop it.

Cysts on the paws, can be food related...what do you feed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Lame yinā€™s allergic to everything green and then some... only Zyrtec works for him, it really just lessen the impact doesnā€™t stop it.

What new dog-Chinese name?! :lmaogirl:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lame yinā€™s allergic to everything green and then some... only Zyrtec works for him, it really just lessen the impact doesnā€™t stop it.

What new dog-Chinese name?! :lmaogirl:

LOL. LOL. Damn phone it itā€™s auto correct!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
LOL!! Auto correct is the worst but sometimes hilarious!

I feed her From, and she has been on it for 7 months or so with no problems at all. This is the first time she has ever gotten a cyst. It happened as everything started to bloom and turn green again so i assume it is totally allergies.. The soak in epsom salt really seems to do the trick.

I did try zyrtec but it seemed to make her so sleepy.. so i switched back to benedryl..
Was wondering if anyone has tried the cytopoint injections and what their results were.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
LOL!! Auto correct is the worst but sometimes hilarious!

I feed her From, and she has been on it for 7 months or so with no problems at all. This is the first time she has ever gotten a cyst. It happened as everything started to bloom and turn green again so i assume it is totally allergies.. The soak in epsom salt really seems to do the trick.

I did try zyrtec but it seemed to make her so sleepy.. so i switched back to benedryl..
Was wondering if anyone has tried the cytopoint injections and what their results were.

Holy cow, I forgot... yes, Lambeau gets cytopoint shots... they are great!! He got his first shot of this year on 5/3... now I wait to see when his ears start acting up to determine next shot, usually around 6 weeks
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] uses it too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Jax gets Cytopoint and he can go anywhere from 8-12 weeks between injections. He gets it year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
As most members know me I would ā€œtryā€ the natural way before shots. Your dog doesnā€™t seem to be that harsh as itā€™s seems to be just starting. I would certainly use a diffuser 24/7 and add Lavender n Eucalyptus. Basically allergies causes inflammation and most oils will reduce inflammation. One IMPORTANT note, DO NOT use peppermint n anything thatā€™s citrus for pets..... ask me if youā€™re not sure :). Nyala wakes up 90% of the time with some goop bottom corner eyes. Sheā€™s been like that since a pup. I donā€™t give her anything for that as I diffuse everyday. Both are great. Iā€™m leaving in a bit with both to go see my son camping in the Rockies. (Long weekend here) Trust me both be sprayed with oils for mosquitoes n ticks. Sadly with EB, itā€™s all about maintenance. Start now on regular basis and youā€™ll avoid tons of issues down the road.

Hereā€™s a few notes....

One study used a blend of sandalwood, frankincense, and Ravensyara oils to treat perennial allergic rhinitis. Study participants reported improvement with their blocked nasal passages, runny and itchy noses, and sneezing. This suggests that this blend of essential oils can help with perceived symptoms, quality of life related to allergies, and better sleep.

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Thank you all! As always you always come through with great information.
I seriously appreciate each and every one of you.

I will do my research but I also trust your opinions.

Helene, I have diffusers and I will start the lavender and eucalyptus right away for the muffin. Your oil advice is so helpful, have you ever considered writing a book? or creating your own website for all of your tried and true methods??
just wondering :idea:
Beware, i may be sending you direct messages with questions from time to time :)

OP
thett

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Ok Helene, One more question. I don't have Eucalyptus.. Until i get some this weekend anything else i could mix with the lavender??
i have several others.. Frankincense, melaluca (tea tree), basil, geranium. serenity (which contains Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Hawaiian Sandalwood and Vanilla Bean )

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
How old is she? She could have dry eyes and it is very common in Bulldogs. It can cause watery eyes.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ok Helene, One more question. I don't have Eucalyptus.. Until i get some this weekend anything else i could mix with the lavender??
i have several others.. Frankincense, melaluca (tea tree), basil, geranium. serenity (which contains Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Hawaiian Sandalwood and Vanilla Bean )

Sorry just reading your last 2post. You need to reply with my name or quote as my head is overloading with my business lol

You can add all EXCEPT.... YLANG YLANG n the Vanilla one. NOT good for dogs!! Peppermint is good but NOT for cats n NOTHING citrus as not good either. Regarding tea tree only put half the amount of drops compared to the others.

Frankincense Is very expensive (the proper ones). I wouldnā€™t put that in a diffuser unless itā€™s a specific health issue.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.