Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Excellent! Yup...they definitely poop less when eating raw. Youā€™ll also notice less drinking of water as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thatā€™s fantastic update!! As youā€™re seeing, raw makes all the difference. The little bald spots will eventually disappear as you just started the raw. Youā€™ll see the little body will get back on track. Keep us posted!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Good morning Bullie lovers, it has been 10 days since Bella started on the raw food from Totally Raw. Bella loves the food, so far she has only been eating the beef and tripe, she is getting two meals per day, each meal is a full beef pattie and a quarter tripe pattie which is 1/2 a pattie under Totally Rawā€™s guide amount to feed for the day but she could stand to lose a few lbs so I think 2.5 patties is fine for her. There were some comments made about her getting sick, she hasnā€™t gotten sick since she has been on the raw food. The biggest difference that I see is the amount of stool and the number of times she has a stool movement, both have decreased dramatically. I continue to give her the omega 3 fish oil with breakfast daily and yesterday I started giving her 3 drops of oregano oil with both meals. Regarding the skin problem it seems to have slowed down, she has a couple of small spots on her back and chest which I am putting NuStock on, I will keep a close eye on her skin and hopefully it doesnā€™t get any worse. It appears to me that the raw food has been a positive change for her.

Great news ! If your raw food isn't complete with extra ingredients, ie. if it just has meat,bone and organs, then it's a good idea to also add sea kelp, and hemp seed oil ( or flax seed oil when you are feeding poultry.) https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/hemp-for-dogs-should-you-use-it/

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Great news ! If your raw food isn't complete with extra ingredients, ie. if it just has meat,bone and organs, then it's a good idea to also add sea kelp, and hemp seed oil ( or flax seed oil when you are feeding poultry.) https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/hemp-for-dogs-should-you-use-it/

Thank you, I am waiting for a month or so before I start adding anything to her diet so I know everything is good with the raw food. I believe Bella has chicken allergies so I am not feeding her any chicken products.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you, I am waiting for a month or so before I start adding anything to her diet so I know everything is good with the raw food. I believe Bella has chicken allergies so I am not feeding her any chicken products.

Was chicken kibbles. Wait later and re-introduce raw chicken see what happens. Big difference with raw chicken n a chicken kibble. Donā€™t do it now let her get on track first with other proteins. Just a thought...

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Was chicken kibbles. Wait later and re-introduce raw chicken see what happens. Big difference with raw chicken n a chicken kibble. Donā€™t do it now let her get on track first with other proteins. Just a thought...

I will try her on raw chicken towards the end of November and see what happens, it is cheaper than the other raw food so it would be nice if it agreed with her.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I will try her on raw chicken towards the end of November and see what happens, it is cheaper than the other raw food so it would be nice if it agreed with her.

Thereā€™s always turkey. Doesnā€™t have the same effect on dogs like chicken does. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thereā€™s always turkey. Doesnā€™t have the same effect on dogs like chicken does. :)

Or duck.. seems to have less of an impact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I am disappointed to say Bella's skin problems have returned, please see the pictures below. I applied Nu-Stock yesterday, hopefully it starts to clear this up.

July 16th 2020 (2).jpgJuly 16th 2020 (1).jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
What I would try:
Give Dinovite (full dose twice a day) along with having a skin scraping to test for exactly what antibiotic to which this bacteria is most sensitive. Bathe with a Malacetic Shampoo and once dry use Douxo Mousse on the affected areas ever other day. The antibiotic and the Dynovite might cause stools to be a bit off...donā€™t worry. Things will settle after a week or so.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Oh no! Any notice of similar issues from last breakout?

Everything is the same.

- - - Updated - - -

What I would try:
Give Dinovite (full dose twice a day) along with having a skin scraping to test for exactly what antibiotic to which this bacteria is most sensitive. Bathe with a Malacetic Shampoo and once dry use Douxo Mousse on the affected areas ever other day. The antibiotic and the Dynovite might cause stools to be a bit off...donā€™t worry. Things will settle after a week or so.

Thank you.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
What is the dosage for omega 3? My gigi is 55 lbs
Are you looking into capsules for humans like at Costco?

What is your goal giving Omega 3 to you dog as itā€™s mostly for heart related. Is there a heart problem?

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online