Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: ON GOING STAPH SKIN PROBLEM

Quote Originally Posted by Bella Bluenoser View Post
    Unfortunately Bella has had several skin problems over the years but this one could be the worse so far, I canít seem to neutralize it. The itching got so bad I had to put her back on the Benadryl yesterday.

If I can find these items I will pick them up and start using them today;
    Zyrtec to use instead of the Benadryl
    NuStock for her bare skin
    Fermented sauerkraut for her diet

To recap Bella is currently taking the following daily;
    2 x 1 cup of Fromm Mature Adult kibble, I think líll change her back to the Fromm lamp and lentil and maybe combine it with some raw food
    2 x 1/8 green tripe paddy
    3 x 25mg Benadryl
    2 x 1000mg of salmon oil with the low EPA and DHA
    2 x 437.5 Clavulin antibiotic
    2 x 1 Zesty Paws Cranberry Bladder Bites

Plus I am spraying her with a mixture of 25% hydrogen peroxide, 25% ACV and 50% water.
    This could be an allergic issue with the food... you are feeding chicken , two types of rice.... try one of the non-chicken and avoid grains. Give the pork and peas a shot until you decide to go raw.

My boy was allergic to both these ingredients.. he would always vomit and scratch, after a few months we did a blood panel test and the results were chicken and rice sensitivity... at the time we were feeding chicken and rice kibble as well as bland diet which was chicken and rice.... once we removed both those items, he was fine... all issues cleared up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Potty Trainer
    Real Name
    David Randall
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Unfortunately Bella has had several skin problems over the years but this one could be the worse so far, I can’t seem to neutralize it. The itching got so bad I had to put her back on the Benadryl yesterday.

If I can find these items I will pick them up and start using them today;
    Zyrtec to use instead of the Benadryl
    NuStock for her bare skin
    Fermented sauerkraut for her diet

To recap Bella is currently taking the following daily;
    2 x 1 cup of Fromm Mature Adult kibble, I think l’ll change her back to the Fromm lamp and lentil and maybe combine it with some raw food
    2 x 1/8 green tripe paddy
    3 x 25mg Benadryl
    2 x 1000mg of salmon oil with the low EPA and DHA
    2 x 437.5 Clavulin antibiotic
    2 x 1 Zesty Paws Cranberry Bladder Bites

Plus I am spraying her with a mixture of 25% hydrogen peroxide, 25% ACV and 50% water.
    Well that didn’t work out very well; Un Stock and Zyrtec appear to be available in the USA not Canada. I couldn’t find fermented sauerkraut. We are going to visit friends in Vermont tomorrow so I will pick these items up while I am in the USA. I did pick up a bag of Fromm lamb and lentil kibble and started mixing it with the Mature Adult for her supper last night. When I purchased the lamb and lentil I quickly remembered why I changed to the Fromm Mature Adult, it is pricey C$120 tax in.

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Potty Trainer
    Real Name
    David Randall
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    This could be an allergic issue with the food... you are feeding chicken , two types of rice.... try one of the non-chicken and avoid grains. Give the pork and peas a shot until you decide to go raw.

My boy was allergic to both these ingredients.. he would always vomit and scratch, after a few months we did a blood panel test and the results were chicken and rice sensitivity... at the time we were feeding chicken and rice kibble as well as bland diet which was chicken and rice.... once we removed both those items, he was fine... all issues cleared up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I admit I didn’t read the ingredients on the Fromm Mature Adult kibble until I looked at the bag the other day. I found the lamb and lentil pricey so I asked at Global Pet Foods what other Fromm type of kibble was popular and they suggested the Mature Adult because it was half the price and she is 10 years old so I started feeding it to her. She looked good when she was on the lamb and lentil, I believe I now know why. Fingers crossed, I hope this change in kibble helps.

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I admit I didnít read the ingredients on the Fromm Mature Adult kibble until I looked at the bag the other day. I found the lamb and lentil pricey so I asked at Global Pet Foods what other Fromm type of kibble was popular and they suggested the Mature Adult because it was half the price and she is 10 years old so I started feeding it to her. She looked good when she was on the lamb and lentil, I believe I now know why. Fingers crossed, I hope this change in kibble helps.
    Keep us posted..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Well that didn’t work out very well; Un Stock and Zyrtec appear to be available in the USA not Canada. I couldn’t find fermented sauerkraut. We are going to visit friends in Vermont tomorrow so I will pick these items up while I am in the USA. I did pick up a bag of Fromm lamb and lentil kibble and started mixing it with the Mature Adult for her supper last night. When I purchased the lamb and lentil I quickly remembered why I changed to the Fromm Mature Adult, it is pricey C$120 tax in.
    I ordered NuStock online and you can also order Zyrtec in Canada. It’s a prescription here. As you probably know, Canada is very strict when it comes to all meds coming in this country.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321465.php

Btw, Why 25% hydrogen peroxide ?

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Potty Trainer
    Real Name
    David Randall
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I ordered NuStock online and you can also order Zyrtec in Canada. It’s a prescription here. As you probably know, Canada is very strict when it comes to all meds coming in this country.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321465.php

Btw, Why 25% hydrogen peroxide ?
    Thank you for the link, interesting. The 25% hydrogen peroxide, 25% ACV and 50% water was recommended to help her skin issue. I’ve been spraying her bare skin with it and it seems to be helping.

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

What concerns real fermented sauerkraut, you need to check for international food supermarkets, where Polish, German etc specialties are sold. It is staples food for Russians, Polish and German people.

12. Likes 2BullyMama, cefe13 liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaloopsie View Post
    What concerns real fermented sauerkraut, you need to check for international food supermarkets, where Polish, German etc specialties are sold. It is staples food for Russians, Polish and German people.
    @Bella Bluenoser, Fermented sauerkraut or veggies are all over Canada. Especially in health food stores.

Bulldog Vet in Training
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

You should be able to find fermented sauerkraut also in organic refrigerated section of No Frills supermarket. I think milk kefir is good too if your dog doesn't have lactose allergy.

Zyrtec is purchased very inexpensively as OTC cetirizine at Costco. Main advantage over benadryl is that it's only once daily, and less sedating. Sedating is a good thing though if you are giving at night.

I would say best dog kibble in Canada ( if you want to stick with kibble ) and only one recommended by Dr. Karen Becker, holistic vet, is Carna4 duck. An even better one is a dehydrated raw food from PetSmart known as Only Natural EasyRaw. My dog did better on that than on Canisource GrandCru dehydrated raw. Even better is to switch to a frozen raw for allergies.

15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for the link, interesting. The 25% hydrogen peroxide, 25% ACV and 50% water was recommended to help her skin issue. I’ve been spraying her bare skin with it and it seems to be helping.
    Sounds interesting. If it stops working try buying chlorhexidine shampoo for dogs. https://www.amazon.ca/Davis-Chlorhex...59CKM0WG9XVNDF

17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads