Curly's Lymphoma Treatment

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone. It's been a couple months since Curly fell out of remission and his health is quickly declining. He is barely eating and is having breathing issues. He still wants to play, a lot, but due to the breathing issues I've limited playing. However, I found if I feed him after he plays, he will eat. He is still drink water.

He has developed tumors in his eyes, which cause conjunctivitis - we got a handle over the conjunctivitis but unfortunately the tumors will eventually make him blind.

He gets nose bleeds often and his nose has started to deteriorate. As his nose is extremely dry, I've been using nose butter but it doesn't seem to help. I'm not sure much will but I wanted to reach out to see if anyone uses something stronger than nose butter on their dogs that might help? I'm up for suggestions to help slow down this drying up process

For those who are wondering, we decided that at the point in which he no longer wants to play is when we will help him cross the rainbow bridge.
657b98865681df8db13265442076c5e8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Kiss that boy for me!!!

We use mushers secret... wipe with warm water and apply while wet. Coconut oil helps too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Olive oil works well on my dog's noses. ** Curly is so loved, and know how much you and Stu love him-and have done so much for him, and his quality of life. It is so sad to know that he won't be here for much longer, but his spirit and determination will always be remembered. He has been so brave,and though I have never met him in person, through the years I feel that I have gotten to know him, and tears are falling to know he is losing the battle-he fought a good fight. Please give him a hug and a kiss for me, and he will
be waiting for you to join him at the Rainbow Br. :heart::drawheart:Love you Curly You are my herosuperpaw.jpg

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Olive oil works well on my dog's noses. ** Curly is so loved, and know how much you and Stu love him-and have done so much for him, and his quality of life. It is so sad to know that he won't be here for much longer, but his spirit and determination will always be remembered. He has been so brave,and though I have never met him in person, through the years I feel that I have gotten to know him, and tears are falling to know he is losing the battle-he fought a good fight. Please give him a hug and a kiss for me, and he will
be waiting for you to join him at the Rainbow Br. [emoji813]:drawheart:Love you Curly You are my heroView attachment 119063
Thank you for the kind words. Its been especially tough on Stu because he is stuck on Los Angeles until at least June 30th (military travel restrictions). From what we can tell, it is not likely for Curly to hang on until then. We bounced around the idea for me to drive out to Cali but we decided that it would be too tough on Curly. Everything in me believes Curly is holding on until he can see Stu one more time - Stu is definitely his human.

We video chat every meal time while I'm hand feeding him food and I feel that allows Stu to be a part of the picture.

Between us we have had 6 dogs before Curly but Curly is that dog truly made us dog parents vs dog owners. He's a good dude. We are definitely going to miss that dude
f30618cd43d88b8087cc04f769c6593d.jpg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks for the update and for sharing those photos of beautiful Curly. Castor sends bulldog hugs and kisses to Curly and we think of you all.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Give my buddy a hug and kiss. We use Bag Balm on Jewel and Bentley's nose and paw pads.

Sending prayers and positive vibes to your family.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
It is a wonderful thing that there can be video chats...Stu can be included with Curly.Years ago(in my times) the only contact would be phone. [MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION]

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Since Lymphoma symptoms are flu-like, I took a flu treatment approach and it seems to be working.

He has a lot of nasal discharge, so if this were the flu, it's like congestion...so I kennel him for about 30 mins with a humidifier to loosen things up (I'm monitoring him too). Then take a warm wash clothes wipe down anything that has loosened up.

I bought a baby booger sucker thing (sorry I am not a parent of a human so I don't know what that is called lol) and do a quick suck in each nose and wipe his face down. A lot of stuff comes out

He isn't the happiest when I do it but I noticed his breathing has improved, and his nose isn't as crusty either.

We are keeping out fingers crossed that he can hang on until Stu is able to come home one more time.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] video chats didn't exist when Stu first joined the Army or when he was deployed for 2 tours in Iraq but we are really thankful that they do now!

It feels strange that there will be a generation of people who will never know what it is like to choose writing a letter to an out of state friend instead of being faced with long distance phone charges

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Here is a pic of him a couple days ago...I'm holding food in my hand and you can tell he is more into the ball that is in front of me [emoji23]

BTW All of us dog owners can understand the dirty class in the background ... It's sooo funny how the glass only gets dirty on the lower half and never the top half [emoji23]
da46253463d9679b7234e07e909430dc.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Here is a pic of him a couple days ago...I'm holding food in my hand and you can tell he is more into the ball that is in front of me [emoji23]

BTW All of us dog owners can understand the dirty class in the background ... It's sooo funny how the glass only gets dirty on the lower half and never the top half [emoji23]
da46253463d9679b7234e07e909430dc.jpg

Really good picture of Curly! I sure know about the dirty doggie window! Sending prayer for Curly to hang in there. speaking of writing letters, with all the technology,no one will know how to write, or spell!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.