Curly's Lymphoma Treatment

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel had her checkup today bloodwork is within normal limits. Her projectile diarrhea went away but her stools although formed are very very soft. Lowering the dose of Palladia.

Curly...hang in there my friend. You, mommy, and daddy have a great 4th of July.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Jewel had her checkup today bloodwork is within normal limits. Her projectile diarrhea went away but her stools although formed are very very soft. Lowering the dose of Palladia.

Curly...hang in there my friend. You, mommy, and daddy have a great 4th of July.

You too! Stu does come home next weekend for quality bulldog time :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for updating on both Jewel and Curly ... lots of positive thoughts and prayers for you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Many prayers coming from my heart :heart: for Curly [MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] and :heart: Jewel [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] and their loving families. Those precious babies don't know how lucky they really are to have the parents they have. Keep on the good road to health.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Thoughts, prayers and kisses are with you Curly!! Keep fighting!
You are wonderful parents. I wish you all the strength you need to get through. Please continue to keep us all updated :angelheart:

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Our vet warned us about "roid rage" since curly needs to be on steroids for an extended amount of time.

As some of you recall, curly has a bit of an attitude problem and becomes irritable. We now have needed to separate him from my other two dogs indefinitely as he had some outbursts with the both of them. I blame it on the steroids because he has had a clean slate for a few years and has never gone after my girl dog before.

My husband and I decided that after chemo, we will start exploring the idea of moving him to Cali to live with my husband for the remainder of his time. Curly really really like CO though and I'm hoping that once he is off steroids his attitude will be back to normal.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our vet warned us about "roid rage" since curly needs to be on steroids for an extended amount of time.

As some of you recall, curly has a bit of an attitude problem and becomes irritable. We now have needed to separate him from my other two dogs indefinitely as he had some outbursts with the both of them. I blame it on the steroids because he has had a clean slate for a few years and has never gone after my girl dog before.

My husband and I decided that after chemo, we will start exploring the idea of moving him to Cali to live with my husband for the remainder of his time. Curly really really like CO though and I'm hoping that once he is off steroids his attitude will be back to normal.

It is totally the steroids... so hope he goes back to himself, he has been so good for too long to have to upset the routine and schedule you have... and all his allergies are gone too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel has not displayed this trait...yet. She has been on prednisone for 2 months now.

Curly, hang in there bud.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Jewel has not displayed this trait...yet. She has been on prednisone for 2 months now.

Curly, hang in there bud.

Curly has an aggressive side that we have been able to tame and resolve the triggers...so it's kind of something he innately wants to do but we trained him out of it. I'm assuming that if jewel has never shown signs of aggression, she probably won't fall victim of roid rage.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly has an aggressive side that we have been able to tame and resolve the triggers...so it's kind of something he innately wants to do but we trained him out of it. I'm assuming that if jewel has never shown signs of aggression, she probably won't fall victim of roid rage.

Agreed! Banks was disaster on steroids, but Cheli and Nitschke never had an issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Jewel sleeps most of the day. She knows how to tell time for her meals. She seems to have no energy unless a feral cat is in our yard which she will chase out and over the fence. Right now it is pretty hot and very humid, so it out to potty and right back in the house. So far no roid rage.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
It's a wrap folks! Curly just completed his final chemo treatment.

The only side effects that Curly experienced was bloody diarrhea for 2-4 days on the weeks he had Tanovea. I did speak to some other owners and their dogs, who were much older, had worst upset stomachs.

So the big question is, would I do it again? Currently the answer is yes. Curly did not have horrible side effects and seemed even more energetic on his weeks off than he had in quite a while. We did get him down from 91 lbs to 75 lbs since Dec (this was not due to the cancer, we changed his diet) so the extra energy could have been from the weight loss.

I do have to say that the only way I will say "it wasn't worth it" if the remission doesn't last long, which only time will tell. End of the day, we do know that we will enjoy every second of this borrowed time we can.

I'll work on posting more here.

Thank you everyone for the prayers. Please keep them coming - this is just the next chapter
9c019b9c61396016755fb34e1bd366fb.jpg
1961afbec7106c815d76f48a5b36860a.jpg
6ae51c012f168d5bb90c13cf50e4575f.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] GREAT NEWS!!! :dance:

You might want to consider CBD oil for dogs as maintenance. BUT...yes a but....wait till chemo is out of the system. Not good to mix. Do ask your vet how long chemo is out of a system and think about it. I sure would go that route. But that’s me.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's a wrap folks! Curly just completed his final chemo treatment.

The only side effects that Curly experienced was bloody diarrhea for 2-4 days on the weeks he had Tanovea. I did speak to some other owners and their dogs, who were much older, had worst upset stomachs.

So the big question is, would I do it again? Currently the answer is yes. Curly did not have horrible side effects and seemed even more energetic on his weeks off than he had in quite a while. We did get him down from 91 lbs to 75 lbs since Dec (this was not due to the cancer, we changed his diet) so the extra energy could have been from the weight loss.

I do have to say that the only way I will say "it wasn't worth it" if the remission doesn't last long, which only time will tell. End of the day, we do know that we will enjoy every second of this borrowed time we can.

I'll work on posting more here.

Thank you everyone for the prayers. Please keep them coming - this is just the next chapter
9c019b9c61396016755fb34e1bd366fb.jpg
1961afbec7106c815d76f48a5b36860a.jpg
6ae51c012f168d5bb90c13cf50e4575f.jpg

XOXOXOCOCOXOC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad to hear Curly doing well. Curly is the man.

I hope you got my message about prednisone. Jewel has calcinosis cutis because of it.

Give my regards to Stu.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.