nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] fortunately I work from home so Curly is being let out every 2 hours. He also can go out whenever through our dog run. Last night he went out around 2300 and I think I need to schedule to wake up around 200 to make sure he relieves himself once more before our 700 wake up. Geez, this sounds like having a puppy again [emoji23]

Currently I'm giving him the prednisone in the evening and my vet friend suggested to switch him to take it in the morning, so I'm slowly giving it to him earlier and earlier so I can shift the schedule from evening to morning.

He, of course, has been eating so much more on the steriods so I've been splitting his meals up in smaller portions so he can eat throughout the day but he wants so much more food now.

As a side note, I am comforted that Curly and I are going through this with you/jewel. It's way more validating that things we are experiencing are "normal" considering the circumstances.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] I'll remind Stu lol! He was just in town over the weekend and we we're talking about our Meetup that time in DC. He is so ready for retirement - I don't think I mentioned, he was promoted to Major right before we moved to CO.

Right now a lot of the military healthcare jobs are being eliminated and in about 5 years his position will no longer exist (Medical Human Resources) so he is hoping he is offered early retirement by next year esp since he plans to retire at 20 (he is at 17 right now). Either way though the time is getting close for him to start making some deals when it comes to retirement, disabilities etc. Fortunately he is in HR so he know all the ins and outs ;)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] I'll remind Stu lol! He was just in town over the weekend and we we're talking about our Meetup that time in DC. He is so ready for retirement - I don't think I mentioned, he was promoted to Major right before we moved to CO.

Right now a lot of the military healthcare jobs are being eliminated and in about 5 years his position will no longer exist (Medical Human Resources) so he is hoping he is offered early retirement by next year esp since he plans to retire at 20 (he is at 17 right now). Either way though the time is getting close for him to start making some deals when it comes to retirement, disabilities etc. Fortunately he is in HR so he know all the ins and outs ;)

Well what a coincidence. Does or did he know Col. Gilbert? CPT Tara GREEN? I was Army Medical. Last assignment Wally World...when it was on Georgia Ave. (WRAMC). Retired 1997.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well what a coincidence. Does or did he know Col. Gilbert? CPT Tara GREEN? I was Army Medical. Last assignment Wally World...when it was on Georgia Ave. (WRAMC). Retired 1997.

Tell Stu to make at least 3 copies of his medical records especially if filing with the VA. Oh BTW the tamales at Tommy's are great as well .

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
Oh my goodnesshhh.....Curly is SO adora-bull, and I love that huge hamburger he's
holding on to !!! :tongue:

Nurse Meaty, Nurse Sophie, and I are sending (( hugs )) and prayers for precious Curly and his hoomans!!!
RzGw7Ds.jpg

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Hi All!

So I took a week off of posting because, in short, I found out last week that Curly's lymphoma may have not gone into full remission and it was confirmed this week. It is not very common, however, it is not uncommon for lymphoma not to go into remission by week 3. NORMALLY, it goes into remission in week one. Last week they said his lymph nodes hadn't gone all the way back to normal and this week, they aspirated his lymph nodes and confirmed that the lymphoma was still present in his submandibular nodes (those would be the ones under his head, front of the neck). The rest of the lymph nodes were back down to their regular size though.

These were the vet's notes:

"Curly looks good on his exam and seems to feel good. His submandibular nodes are still enlarged. I did aspirate them and evaluated the slides microscopically. There is still lymphoma in those nodes. So he is in partial remission. Since the previous vincristine and cyclophophamide have not put him into full remission, this week we skipped ahead in the protocol to give Adriamycin. He had an echogram and his heart function appeared adequate for this drug. We will reduce the prednison to 1/2 once dail. He should be rechecked in 1 week for an exam and CBC. If the lymphoma has gone into remission, then we can continue the current protocol. However, if the lymphoma is still present, then this would indicate it is resistant to the current drugs and we should consider a change in protocol to either Tanovea or a lomustine-based protocol"

I'll keep everyone posted on how next week's appointment goes!

Attachments

• IMG_20190520_210830.jpg
    IMG_20190520_210830.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you, Nu. Keeping you all in my thoughts with tons of positive vibes to you and Curley

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
CURLY. Love and prayer,(much,much prayer) coming your way.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly I know you a lover and not a fighter but hang in there my bud. Don't give in.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Just a random pic of the Kernel Curly. He's been super tired after this last treatment. I can't tell if his lymph nodes have shrunk down any more yet. BUT my husband will be home tomorrow morning for the long weekend. Stu hasn't seen Curly since before chemo, so he will be able to better assess it than me.
9c5b57b3114b98ba7a20b72e99dfdc79.jpg

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly my man keep fighting. Just to let you know...Jewel is sleeping more as well. Plus she has another ear infection we found today. On meds for that.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly my man keep fighting. Just to let you know...Jewel is sleeping more as well. Plus she has another ear infection we found today. On meds for that.

P.S. You look studly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just a random pic of the Kernel Curly. He's been super tired after this last treatment. I can't tell if his lymph nodes have shrunk down any more yet. BUT my husband will be home tomorrow morning for the long weekend. Stu hasn't seen Curly since before chemo, so he will be able to better assess it than me.
9c5b57b3114b98ba7a20b72e99dfdc79.jpg

Hey handsome!! Looking good guarding the door!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Hey handsome!! Looking good guarding the door!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He just wants to go back inside to get some more food [emoji23]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.