rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel is on Chemotherapy for a Mast Cell Tumor which was removed. The tumor was subcutaneous which I noticed in January and brought to the vets attention. The tumor was aspirated and certain cells were found that warranted the tumor to be removed. The tumor was surgically removed and was found to be invading muscle tissue. The lab report stated the margins were clean to indicate it was totally removed; however, the cells were mutated (not good). Please see https://www.petmd.com/blogs/fullyvetted/2012/aug/mast_cell_tumors_in_dogs-26719 None of her lymph nodes were enlarged on palpation. Her baseline CBC was within normal limits.

Jewel is on Palladia 75 mg. (chemo) given with food on Mon,. Wed, and Fridays for two weeks then back to the vet for blood work then another 2 weeks of meds. She will get an ultrasound and more blood work at the 4 week visit.

Jewel is also on prednisone and scripts were given for an anti-emetic and one for diarrhea should this occur. The vet said the vomiting and diarrhea would not occur for the first 2 weeks but may after as treatment is given. We'll see.

This will go on for 6 months. I will provide updates as we progress through this yet another medical escapade but, Jewel is my baby girl and we'll make it through this.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I will be praying for Jewel, and her family. This is disturbing news, will be hoping and praying that the results will be good , and that Jewel gets through all this without too much sickness, and it will all be worth it for a cure. Love to you all.:pray::pray::heartsign::heart:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I will be praying for Jewel, and her family. This is disturbing news, will be hoping and praying that the results will be good , and that Jewel gets through all this without too much sickness, and it will all be worth it for a cure. Love to you all.:pray::pray:[emoji813]sign:[emoji813]
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending tons of love, prayers and positive thoughts to your sweet beautiful Jewel! We are all pulling for her and send the family tons of hugs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor sends lots of bulldog hugs and we all send positive and healing thoughts.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Sending positive thoughts to you and Jewel!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ohhhh baby girl :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: sending positive thoughts n vibes coming your way.

Roger, add some fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies to her meals cause of all her meds. It will keep her flora (gut) moving. Chemo pills kills all good cells. Why she needs a few extras in her meals. Fermented food has higher probiotics than any other foods. And...have you thought of CBD oils? Also, massage straight frankincense oil on the tumor area. Many studies shows it shrinks tumors. These are all things I sure wouldn’t hesitate if it was for my 2. Just a thought :)

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ohhhh baby girl :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: sending positive thoughts n vibes coming your way.

Roger, add some fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies to her meals cause of all her meds. It will keep her flora (gut) moving. Chemo pills kills all good cells. Why she needs a few extras in her meals. Fermented food has higher probiotics than any other foods. And...have you thought of CBD oils? Also, massage straight frankincense oil on the tumor area. Many studies shows it shrinks tumors. These are all things I sure wouldn’t hesitate if it was for my 2. Just a thought :)
Thank you Helene. What would be the best brand of CBD oil as I have seen other discussions on the use of the oil.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you Helene. What would be the best brand of CBD oil as I have seen other discussions on the use of the oil.

Here is a website I order from, for myself as I have a wear n tear shoulder from a cross country skiing accident when I was in my teens that I never bothered with. Today it’s haunting me. Anyhoo, this link has oils for pets. There is also a online chat button which is where you can tell the person exactly what Jewel is taking as meds and they will guide you on the proper oil to take. I’m not sure if you can cross it from Canada to US but at least you’ll know what potent to get Jewels. Then buy it from your end.

https://wccannabis.ca/product-category/pet-health/

[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION], I know Jax is on CBD oil for pain only. Did your vet mentioned the difference in potent for pain n cancer? I will definitely look into it but thought of you.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Here is a website I order from, for myself as I have a wear n tear shoulder from a cross country skiing accident when I was in my teens that I never bothered with. Today it’s haunting me. Anyhoo, this link has oils for pets. There is also a online chat button which is where you can tell the person exactly what Jewel is taking as meds and they will guide you on the proper oil to take. I’m not sure if you can cross it from Canada to US but at least you’ll know what potent to get Jewels. Then buy it from your end.

https://wccannabis.ca/product-category/pet-health/

[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION], I know Jax is on CBD oil for pain only. Did your vet mentioned the difference in potent for pain n cancer? I will definitely look into it but thought of you.
Thanks. I'll give them a shout tomorrow.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I’m really sorry you guys are going through this. I hope Jewel is tolerating the chemo.
The semi-weekly bloodwork is to determine her ability to receive additional chemo, nothing else. She may look miserable and feel miserable but if the bloodwork says she can tolerate more chemo, then they will offer it.
It will be up to you to make the call to delay a dose or stop it if quality of life is adversely affected.
Tough times ahead...with luck, maybe not.
Please give her a big ole hug for me.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks. I'll give them a shout tomorrow.

I just spoke to them. According to them, any CBD oil or even their treats. It goes by the weight of your dog. But do ask them again tomorrow. I forgot to tell them how much Jewels weighs.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I was definitely going to mention CBD oil! Chemo is harsh on humans so it will be harsh for a dog as well. The CBD oil I get is straight from a vet and it’s a higher concentrate then some others. I think it’s definitely worth a try to keep Jewel comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just spoke to them. According to them, any CBD oil or even their treats. It goes by weighted your dog. But do ask them again tomorrow. I forgot to tell them a Jewels weight.
Jewel is 63 lbs.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I’m really sorry you guys are going through this. I hope Jewel is tolerating the chemo.
The semi-weekly bloodwork is to determine her ability to receive additional chemo, nothing else. She may look miserable and feel miserable but if the bloodwork says she can tolerate more chemo, then they will offer it.
It will be up to you to make the call to delay a dose or stop it if quality of life is adversely affected.
Tough times ahead...with luck, maybe not.
Please give her a big ole hug for me.
Chip thanks. Jewel is sleeping alot since yesterday. But I get a stir out of her to chase kitty cats and squirrels to get her outside. So far so good but this is only after one dose of the Palladia. She still is chipper (no pun intended).

We are giving the prednisone in the morning as she decided to puddle in the bathroom last night. I am staying up late to let her out. The misses will let her early a.m. so not to have accidents like last night.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.