Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 88

Thread: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

  1. #1
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    6,166
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    5301

    Default Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    Jewel is on Chemotherapy for a Mast Cell Tumor which was removed. The tumor was subcutaneous which I noticed in January and brought to the vets attention. The tumor was aspirated and certain cells were found that warranted the tumor to be removed. The tumor was surgically removed and was found to be invading muscle tissue. The lab report stated the margins were clean to indicate it was totally removed; however, the cells were mutated (not good). Please see https://www.petmd.com/blogs/fullyvet..._in_dogs-26719 None of her lymph nodes were enlarged on palpation. Her baseline CBC was within normal limits.

    Jewel is on Palladia 75 mg. (chemo) given with food on Mon,. Wed, and Fridays for two weeks then back to the vet for blood work then another 2 weeks of meds. She will get an ultrasound and more blood work at the 4 week visit.

    Jewel is also on prednisone and scripts were given for an anti-emetic and one for diarrhea should this occur. The vet said the vomiting and diarrhea would not occur for the first 2 weeks but may after as treatment is given. We'll see.

    This will go on for 6 months. I will provide updates as we progress through this yet another medical escapade but, Jewel is my baby girl and we'll make it through this.

  2. Likes MFrey2012, ddnene, TooTooMommy liked this post
  3. #2
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    12,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    9189

    Default Re: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    I will be praying for Jewel, and her family. This is disturbing news, will be hoping and praying that the results will be good , and that Jewel gets through all this without too much sickness, and it will all be worth it for a cure. Love to you all.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  4. Likes rjisaterp, 2BullyMama, MFrey2012 liked this post
  5. #3
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    6,166
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    5301

    Default Re: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    I will be praying for Jewel, and her family. This is disturbing news, will be hoping and praying that the results will be good , and that Jewel gets through all this without too much sickness, and it will all be worth it for a cure. Love to you all.sign:
    Thanks.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

  6. #4
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    44,374
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    15587

    Default Re: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    Sending tons of love, prayers and positive thoughts to your sweet beautiful Jewel! We are all pulling for her and send the family tons of hugs


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
  8. #5
    Dog Show Judge cefe13's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,625
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2406

    Default Re: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    Castor sends lots of bulldog hugs and we all send positive and healing thoughts.


    Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

  9. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
  10. #6
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,011
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)
    5186

    Default Re: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    Sending positive thoughts to you and Jewel!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
  12. #7
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,171
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11115

    Default Re: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    Ohhhh baby girl sending positive thoughts n vibes coming your way.

    Roger, add some fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies to her meals cause of all her meds. It will keep her flora (gut) moving. Chemo pills kills all good cells. Why she needs a few extras in her meals. Fermented food has higher probiotics than any other foods. And...have you thought of CBD oils? Also, massage straight frankincense oil on the tumor area. Many studies shows it shrinks tumors. These are all things I sure wouldn’t hesitate if it was for my 2. Just a thought

  13. Likes rjisaterp, Cbrugs liked this post
  14. #8
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    6,166
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    5301

    Default Re: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Ohhhh baby girl sending positive thoughts n vibes coming your way.

    Roger, add some fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies to her meals cause of all her meds. It will keep her flora (gut) moving. Chemo pills kills all good cells. Why she needs a few extras in her meals. Fermented food has higher probiotics than any other foods. And...have you thought of CBD oils? Also, massage straight frankincense oil on the tumor area. Many studies shows it shrinks tumors. These are all things I sure wouldn’t hesitate if it was for my 2. Just a thought
    Thank you Helene. What would be the best brand of CBD oil as I have seen other discussions on the use of the oil.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

  15. #9
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,171
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11115

    Default Re: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Thank you Helene. What would be the best brand of CBD oil as I have seen other discussions on the use of the oil.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Here is a website I order from, for myself as I have a wear n tear shoulder from a cross country skiing accident when I was in my teens that I never bothered with. Today it’s haunting me. Anyhoo, this link has oils for pets. There is also a online chat button which is where you can tell the person exactly what Jewel is taking as meds and they will guide you on the proper oil to take. I’m not sure if you can cross it from Canada to US but at least you’ll know what potent to get Jewels. Then buy it from your end.

    https://wccannabis.ca/product-category/pet-health/

    @Cbrugs, I know Jax is on CBD oil for pain only. Did your vet mentioned the difference in potent for pain n cancer? I will definitely look into it but thought of you.

  16. Likes rjisaterp, Cbrugs liked this post
  17. #10
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    6,166
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    5301

    Default Re: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Here is a website I order from, for myself as I have a wear n tear shoulder from a cross country skiing accident when I was in my teens that I never bothered with. Today it’s haunting me. Anyhoo, this link has oils for pets. There is also a online chat button which is where you can tell the person exactly what Jewel is taking as meds and they will guide you on the proper oil to take. I’m not sure if you can cross it from Canada to US but at least you’ll know what potent to get Jewels. Then buy it from your end.

    https://wccannabis.ca/product-category/pet-health/

    @Cbrugs, I know Jax is on CBD oil for pain only. Did your vet mentioned the difference in potent for pain n cancer? I will definitely look into it but thought of you.
    Thanks. I'll give them a shout tomorrow.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

  18. #11
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    oscarmayer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,015
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    6350

    Default Re: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    I’m really sorry you guys are going through this. I hope Jewel is tolerating the chemo.
    The semi-weekly bloodwork is to determine her ability to receive additional chemo, nothing else. She may look miserable and feel miserable but if the bloodwork says she can tolerate more chemo, then they will offer it.
    It will be up to you to make the call to delay a dose or stop it if quality of life is adversely affected.
    Tough times ahead...with luck, maybe not.
    Please give her a big ole hug for me.

    Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

  19. Likes rjisaterp, 2BullyMama, MFrey2012 liked this post
  20. #12
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,171
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11115

    Default Re: Jewel Is On Chemotherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Thanks. I'll give them a shout tomorrow.

    Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    I just spoke to them. According to them, any CBD oil or even their treats. It goes by the weight of your dog. But do ask them again tomorrow. I forgot to tell them how much Jewels weighs.

  21. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •