OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] That little gal is sure having a tough time(not to mention Mom and Dad,too) I hope the DMSO does the trick. It always kinda' had a garlic smell to me. As soon as you touch it, you can taste it! Still keeping her in prayer every day. Love to all.
Thanks. I kinda figured you know because of all the farm animals that you have or had. We were told to wear gloves when applying this as we can absorb this as well.

Thanks for your prayers and best wishes.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Wow...is Jewel ever getting a work-over. I hope she gets better from those Pred sores in short order.
She's a trooper for sure!
Thanks Chip. Hope all is well with you and family.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor just read this and sends kisses to sweet Jewel.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] How is Jewell doing? Is her skin starting to clear up? Sending prayer and extra good thoughts for her to heal.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Jewel, and poor you, I'm really sorry you and your family are going through this. I hope that the surgery, and the chemotherapy treatment get rid of all the cancer and she has no pain or too much sickness from the treatments.
Thinking of you, and Jewel, and keeping her in my prayers. Feel better sweet girl,

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
UPDATE September 18, 2019

We saw the oncologist shortly after my last update, Jewel is off of prednisone and has no new signs of lumps.

Because of the lesions and Jewel's scratching, our regular vet noticed an ulcer in her left eye. She was placed on antibiotic drops and we followed up with Jewel's s Opthamologist and received an additional ointment to put in her eye.

We saw a Dermatologist for the lesions and after a culture was taken and learned Jewel's infection was pseudomonas. She was placed on Moxafloxacin which cleared the infection up (lesions still present though). Jewel's hair filling back in. She also has more pep and is playing more.

We follow up with Dermatologist and Opthamologist next week.

Thanks for prayers and well-wishes.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks for update; great progress!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE September 18, 2019

We saw the oncologist shortly after my last update, Jewel is off of prednisone and has no new signs of lumps.

Because of the lesions and Jewel's scratching, our regular vet noticed an ulcer in her left eye. She was placed on antibiotic drops and we followed up with Jewel's s Opthamologist and received an additional ointment to put in her eye.

We saw a Dermatologist for the lesions and after a culture was taken and learned Jewel's infection was pseudomonas. She was placed on Moxafloxacin which cleared the infection up (lesions still present though). Jewel's hair filling back in. She also has more pep and is playing more.

We follow up with Dermatologist and Opthamologist next week.

Thanks for prayers and well-wishes.

Great update!!! Keep the updates coming and I’m continually praying for your sweet girl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy to hear a hopeful update! Hoping that things will keep looking up for all of you!! :pray::heartsign:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
UPDATE September 28, 2019

Jewel went to the Dermatologist who was impressed that Jewel is recovering from the calcinosis cutis. Jewel still has lesions but they are not open. She also received a Cytopoint injection.

Jewel's ears are infected again and we were provided ear drops. We were also informed she has allergies and were provided Clemastine Fumerate 2.68 mg once daily.

Jewel is now more alert and playing more. We had a great game of tug of war last night.

Jewel gets to see the Opthamologist on Monday for her eye ulcer follow-up.

Thanks for your prayers as they have brought my Jewelie Girl back to a better quality of life.

More to follow...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Awesome update... so happy to hear she is playing and getting back to herself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions