Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Please know that I think of your Jewel every day, and pray for her and you. I know how hard it must be for you. Much love to your family.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor sends lots of hugs to Jewel and we are all thinking of her. Give our best regards to Bentley too.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Sending hugs and prayers for Jewel.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry to hear this, you guys have been through enough.... sending hugs and lots of prayers!!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh sweetheart Jewel !!! I am so sorry for you all going through this!!! You're all in my prayers and Joey and I sending big bully hugs your way!!!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OH!! Jewel, we are soo sorry to hear this, we send our BIGGEST BESTEST Bully wishes, hugs and kisses

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I'm hoping she will make a strong rebound and get all this behind her and get back to normal Bulldog living!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel had a follow-up for the red excoriated mess on her neck and face. She had been placed on an antibiotic, Chlorhexidine wipes, and Neosporin a week ago and we followed-up with the vet yesterday to see how she is doing. The vet said it looked better and I said I think it is worse. We did stop the chemo on July 26th because of Jewel's quality of life diminished by at least 50%. We are tapering he Prednisone to be off of it by the end of August. Jewel is on 15 mg of Pepcid daily and Flagyl until we are told to discontinue.

Thursday, we found another lump in Jewel's nose rope. We brought this to the attention of the vet and it was aspirated for analysis. We will find out next week. We were told to discontinue the Chlorohexidine wipes and Neosporin yesterday so that a culture can be obtained this morning to ensure Jewel is on the correct antibiotic. If the culture is negative, a punch biopsy will be performed. We started the wipes and Neosporin back up.

Thanks to all for your prayers and well-wishes.

Roger, out for now.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Jewel, we are thinking of you and your family. Castor sends big hugs to you.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Lots of hugs to you all. What a worry for you.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Jewel had a follow-up for the red excoriated mess on her neck and face. She had been placed on an antibiotic, Chlorhexidine wipes, and Neosporin a week ago and we followed-up with the vet yesterday to see how she is doing. The vet said it looked better and I said I think it is worse. We did stop the chemo on July 26th because of Jewel's quality of life diminished by at least 50%. We are tapering he Prednisone to be off of it by the end of August. Jewel is on 15 mg of Pepcid daily and Flagyl until we are told to discontinue.

Thursday, we found another lump in Jewel's nose rope. We brought this to the attention of the vet and it was aspirated for analysis. We will find out next week. We were told to discontinue the Chlorohexidine wipes and Neosporin yesterday so that a culture can be obtained this morning to ensure Jewel is on the correct antibiotic. If the culture is negative, a punch biopsy will be performed. We started the wipes and Neosporin back up.

Roger, out for now.

How old is Jewels again? 6-7?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
6 years 3 months Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Roger, have you looked into CBD oil? Please don’t get me wrong but I personally find Jewel is taking way too much meds that being administered and then removed and then back on......... those are meds that’s extremely harsh on the organs. CBD oil is proven to kill cancer cells. Chemo kills cancer but also the good cells so she has to fight twice as hard just like in humans. Read this person’s story as it will guide you better.

https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/how-i-used-cannabis-to-treat-my-dogs-cancer/Content?oid=8335029

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/cancer-in-dogs-3-herbs-to-fight-back/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Roger, out for now.

Continued prayers, positive thoughts, hugs and love!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.