The Kool Collars....great for bulldogs in the warm temperature.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
These collars are great! They really do work! At teh end of last summer, I bought 8 of these and some refills at a local pet store chain on their clearance racks....I paid $3 a piece for these.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thank you soooooooo much for posting this! the temps were in the high 70's to low 80's here last week for spring break and we went to the park for the first time this year for a nice outing. Poor Gator was just panting away no mater how much water I gave him so we had to leave after about 20 minutes. I would love to hear some reviews. If they work, I will be ordering extras!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
These collars are great! They really do work! At teh end of last summer, I bought 8 of these and some refills at a local pet store chain on their clearance racks....I paid $3 a piece for these.

[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION], you are MY kind of shopper!! :up: If I would never need 8 I would have bought them out, Lucky you!!

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Thank you for this information Libra926! I just ordered two and some refills from CPP. What a great idea!

PS--My shipping was FREE!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION], you are MY kind of shopper!! :up: If I would never need 8 I would have bought them out, Lucky you!!

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Yep, I didn't need 8 of these, but for $3 each, I got all they had and the refills. This summer, I plan to make use of them and freeze them and put them in an ice chestthen I can use the ice also in them, which actually works much better. This will be the first time using them for Bertie, but my cocker Dexter seemed to do better outside with these last year. They really do work great!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION]

What a great price! I'm jealous! I paid about 70.00 for 2 and only 2 refill packs! What store had this clearance? :bang:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Does anyone know if Petco carries these Kool Collars? My pet sitter just told me that Tate has been lethargic today and she thinks it's from the heat. Even w/the fan and AC on in the condo, i guess it's not cool enough so wanted to run into the store to pick one of these up. I get so worried with it warming up now...

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] PETCO does not list these on their site... you can find them at amazon or carolina pet pantry... CPP is actually cheaper than amazon

I'm glad you brought this up, I'm thinking this is a good idea for Moe as well

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

Did you ever get one? I absolutely love them...and CPP has them for a fantastic price. Let me know!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion no longer fits into the small. I now need to buy her the medium! I should have known!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

Did you ever get one? I absolutely love them...and CPP has them for a fantastic price. Let me know!

I decided to go with the cooling bandannas first and also got a cool cooling pad. I got them from Keep Doggies Safe. I'll check out CPP too for the vests. Just a little too pricey right now so i'll have to wait on those :)

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I think I need to get Delilah one of these once I sell my old car and get some money, haha. Hopefully tomorrow.

She loves going outside, but IA has been SO ridiculous lately. Heat index of 110 two days ago!

Do these work really well?? What colors do they come in? I've never ordered from Carolina Pet Pantry before. Do they get things sent to you fairly fast?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.