Greenish/Redish mucus from nose

BulldogBO

Feb 25, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Bo
We recently noticed Bo having what started out as a greenish mucus coming from his nose. Two days ago the color has changed to a reddish brown. We only notice the mucus in the morning after she wakes up and NOT during the day when she is active.

She "coughs" as if she has something stuck in her throat, but usually only after she eats. Like most bulldogs, she inhales her food. I am not sure if this coughing is because she eats so fast or if the mucus has something to do with the cough. Could it be kennel cough?

Any help would be appreciated.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
If it was kennel cough, I am pretty sure that it would happen at other times...not just after eating. How old is BO? He could need to have his nostromic nares opened, which is a very common procedure for English Bulldogs. Does he act any differently then normal?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Green Mucus coming from the inside of the nose? Get him to the vet!!! That is probably an infection of some sort.... or kennel cough..... and if it is changing to reddish brown that could mean there's blood.

OP
B

BulldogBO

Feb 25, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Bo
reallyrob - Shes acting normal and still full of energy! She is 4 months

Desertsky - Going to the vet now!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh my, yes please take her to the vet. It's not normal to have this type of discolouration. Hopefully it's nothing, but please let us know how it goes. :pray: for you and Bo!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Did you take her in to the vet? Is she ok?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.