JordBully

Jul 13, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi All,

Our Bully has to go in for minor surgery on Wednesday as it looks like she has an infection between her toes and the Vet believes there maybe a grass seed or ingrowing hair which is the cause of the problem.
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to stop her licking at her paw after the surgery? I understand she is going to be in a bandage for a few weeks which the wound heels and before the stitches come out and I am looking at the best way to stop her from licking and biting at this.

I have had a look at some of the neck collars and blowup doughnuts but most of them I think she will still be able to get at the front paw! The other option was a boot or sock, does anyone have any recommendations?

Here a little photo of her looking less than impressed when it was take your dog to work day!

Photo.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi All,

Our Bully has to go in for minor surgery on Wednesday as it looks like she has an infection between her toes and the Vet believes there maybe a grass seed or ingrowing hair which is the cause of the problem.
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to stop her licking at her paw after the surgery? I understand she is going to be in a bandage for a few weeks which the wound heels and before the stitches come out and I am looking at the best way to stop her from licking and biting at this.

I have had a look at some of the neck collars and blowup doughnuts but most of them I think she will still be able to get at the front paw! The other option was a boot or sock, does anyone have any recommendations?

Here a little photo of her looking less than impressed when it was take your dog to work day!

View attachment 115931

OMG... she has a heart on her head!! What a beauty!!

You can use the sticky gauze and one of the soft collars.. it should help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

JordBully

Jul 13, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thank you! :) We will give that ago! I have also purchased a little boot to try and protect is as well.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi All,

View attachment 115931

I use vet wrap but lately got Duke baby socks anti grip. Not the ones you buy at the pet shop. Real baby socks size for a year old.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.