Marlana

Marlana

Mar 2, 2019
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
I donā€™t care about the money either...Iā€™d pay 200$ all day long if I got some answers. But to spend the money without getting an appointment for surgery set, not knowing if he needs his palate done, no accurate estimate, and being pushed to spend money on something that isnā€™t necessary. That really irritates me.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I donā€™t care about the money either...Iā€™d pay 200$ all day long if I got some answers. But to spend the money without getting an appointment for surgery set, not knowing if he needs his palate done, no accurate estimate, and being pushed to spend money on something that isnā€™t necessary. That really irritates me.

Extremely hard to find a vet we trust. Itā€™s like finding a good Doctor for us humans. Itā€™s all about money. I know I would be speaking to the surgeon n owner. Definitely look for another vet. Go to local dog parks n ask dog owners. Best place to get honest answers. Ask questions n look for EB owners if you can. Just a thought...

When I hear or read updates like yours really gets to me. I do understand you truly have good vets out there but nowadays itā€™s all about money. Like who cares what happens to your dog. Itā€™s just a number. Why we need to do our own homework n get out there n get info on which vet we want. Local dog parks is one place. Thatā€™s how I find mine. I have a vet that I use only for surgery and a holistic vet. When Nyala got fixed she also had her cherry eye tucked. He did a great job on Dukeā€™s vasectomy as not all vets does that. He thinks out of the box. My holistic vet think a lot like me. A lot of meds for pets isnā€™t necessary if you know how to use essential oils the right way. Yes of course certain meds you have no choice to give n thatā€™s fine. Iā€™m a big believer if you can feed your dog raw from puppy stage, fresh veggies n fruits, etc, you wonā€™t be seeing n need a vet as often. All this to say, start shopping for the right vet.

OP
Marlana

Marlana

Mar 2, 2019
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Extremely hard to find a vet we trust. Itā€™s like finding a good Doctor for us humans. Itā€™s all about money. I know I would be speaking to the surgeon n owner. Definitely look for another vet. Go to local dog parks n ask dog owners. Best place to get honest answers. Ask questions n look for EB owners if you can. Just a thought...

When I hear or read updates like yours really gets to me. I do understand you truly have good vets out there but nowadays itā€™s all about money. Like who cares what happens to your dog. Itā€™s just a number. Why we need to do our own homework n get out there n get info on which vet we want. Local dog parks is one place. Thatā€™s how I find mine. I have a vet that I use only for surgery and a holistic vet. When Nyala got fixed she also had her cherry eye tucked. He did a great job on Dukeā€™s vasectomy as not all vets does that. He thinks out of the box. My holistic vet think a lot like me. A lot of meds for pets isnā€™t necessary if you know how to use essential oils the right way. Yes of course certain meds you have no choice to give n thatā€™s fine. Iā€™m a big believer if you can feed your dog raw from puppy stage, fresh veggies n fruits, etc, you wonā€™t be seeing n need a vet as often. All this to say, start shopping for the right vet.

I did find a vet that was recommended here on this forum so thinking ahead I made an appointment. But I donā€™t want to go to an appointment for nothing again. Iā€™m going to see if the vet will speak to me on the phone. I basically want to do an interview before I even spend money with you! I know what his issue is, Iā€™ve had tests done...now I just need an honest vet. I left a message and email. I also left a message at the vet I had taken my cat to for a abscess when my normal vet couldnā€™t get him in. They got him right in, they didnā€™t bullshit with any extra things, it was affordable.

I just find it irritating that I have to shop around at all! My puppy is 4 months old...we havenā€™t had time to go to different vets. And now he needs something now. And I get the run around from my vet office. Then have to try to find someone that will take him short notice. Ugh...just irritating. I was so pissed on Friday. It was such a pointless appointment. Iā€™m not doing that again. So I hope other vets will let me screen them on the phone before any appointments.

Brutus is so special to me and I donā€™t want to pick the wrong vet. Just wish it was easier to weed them out before wasting weeks and hundreds of dollars

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=18893]Marlana[/MENTION] I sure understand your frustration. Not easy for sure. Weeding them out still can be an issue via phone talk. But I donā€™t see why you couldnā€™t talk to him on the phone as youā€™re a client. Donā€™t sedate Brutus anymore as all that didnā€™t make any sense. Follow your gut. Youā€™re the owner, no is no.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Totally agree with you.... where are you located?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Iā€™m in Washington state, about an hour from Seattle.
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] [MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] are all in a Seattle area ... maybe their vets are near you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Iā€™m in Washington state, about an hour from Seattle.

North or south of Seattle? I might have a couple I can recommend depending on location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Marlana

Marlana

Mar 2, 2019
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
North or south of Seattle? I might have a couple I can recommend depending on location.

Iā€™m south of Seattle. Iā€™m really close to Tacoma.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you! I appreciate it!

Lots of people with bulldogs go there so you should be in good hands!

OP
Marlana

Marlana

Mar 2, 2019
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Lots of people with bulldogs go there so you should be in good hands!

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! Itā€™s intimidating trying to find a good vet when your dog needs surgery ASAP. I mean itā€™s not life threatening but it bothers him a lot having this giant cyst in his mouth. I had his records sent over today, once a vet goes through them theyā€™ll call :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! Itā€™s intimidating trying to find a good vet when your dog needs surgery ASAP. I mean itā€™s not life threatening but it bothers him a lot having this giant cyst in his mouth. I had his records sent over today, once a vet goes through them theyā€™ll call :)

Good luck and keep us posted!

OP
Marlana

Marlana

Mar 2, 2019
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Surgery is set for April 29th! I found a vet Iā€™m comfortable with. We are only doing the salivary surgery, he thinks doing the palate especially is just too much trauma at once in the mouth. He thinks that Brutus breathes pretty dang well for a bulldog so weā€™ll just wait and see. Itā€™s also pretty costly for the salivary surgery so Iā€™m okay with just doing that for now. I really liked the idea of just putting him under once but itā€™s more risky...the salivary surgery is pretty involved. I asked a ton of questions which actually got answered...Iā€™m feeling pretty good and confident. This boy has my whole heart and itā€™s so scary to put him under. Iā€™m feeling much better with a confident vet.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions:)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.