helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Cause I was busy watching it!!

I thought it was a histio thingie and was waiting to see if it went away which it hasn't but it hasn't gotten any bigger either so then I thought I would post and confirm my suspicions.

:tapfoot::detective2::tapfoot::detective2::detective2:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I think it's a Histio thingy too. I think the cysts are between the toes only.
Sandy and I had a discussion about this last night and neither of us are convinced one way or the other. However, we have seen them before many times and they always go away in time and we never spend much time thinking about them. So little time thinking about them that neither of us could say how long it takes. A wild guess would be, "less than a month".

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
You do know that I am going to continue to "watch" it, right?

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

C9C9AF4F-AB25-4A55-B8B5-0106BCAB6546.png

(You wouldnā€™t be normal if you didnā€™t)

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Bringing this thread back. Itā€™s probably now been about 4 months and the bump is still there and bigger. Itā€™s been smooth like the original picture until just a couple days ago. Vet appointment is next Friday if it doesnā€™t start shrinking before then.

81869028bacfd1d962c68777bf9dc212.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bringing this thread back. Itā€™s probably now been about 4 months and the bump is still there and bigger. Itā€™s been smooth like the original picture until just a couple days ago. Vet appointment is next Friday if it doesnā€™t start shrinking before then.

81869028bacfd1d962c68777bf9dc212.jpg

Is it brownish?

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Is it brownish?

It originally wasnā€™t but now it looks darker. I suppose itā€™s also a possibility that it got scratched or rubbed while playing and itā€™s irritated but in any event, itā€™s much, much bigger than it was.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It originally wasnā€™t but now it looks darker. I suppose itā€™s also a possibility that it got scratched or rubbed while playing and itā€™s irritated but in any event, itā€™s much, much bigger than it was.

Yeah.. that needs a vet check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Took Louie to vet last Friday to have the bump checked out, aspirated it and vet didnā€™t see anything ā€œscaryā€ jumping out but he did see a cluster of cells so we sent it to a pathologist. Vet finally got the report today and while they donā€™t think itā€™s anything to be concerned about, they did see some spindle cells, the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsy. So thatā€™s happening on July 22.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Took Louie to vet last Friday to have the bump checked out, aspirated it and vet didnā€™t see anything ā€œscaryā€ jumping out but he did see a cluster of cells so we sent it to a pathologist. Vet finally got the report today and while they donā€™t think itā€™s anything to be concerned about, they did see some spindle cells, the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsy. So thatā€™s happening on July 22. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually itā€™s found mostly in cats. In dogs, itā€™s usually in large breeds n much older dogs. Wait for the results on the 22nd but after, I personally would start straight frankincense on that bump. Just a thought:)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Took Louie to vet last Friday to have the bump checked out, aspirated it and vet didnā€™t see anything ā€œscaryā€ jumping out but he did see a cluster of cells so we sent it to a pathologist. Vet finally got the report today and while they donā€™t think itā€™s anything to be concerned about, they did see some spindle cells, the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsy. So thatā€™s happening on July 22.

Fingers and paws are crossed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Usually itā€™s found mostly in cats. In dogs, itā€™s usually in large breeds n much older dogs. Wait for the results on the 22nd but after, I personally would start straight frankincense on that bump. Just a thought:)

Definitely!

frydamel

Dec 23, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Greta
Greta just got a cysts (I think) 2 days ago. Its swollen in between toes and looks like a little ball, it bleed this morning and she keeps licking it. Im so scared! I saw an article about soaking it in Epsom Salt for 10 min 3x a day, and some antiseptic cream and stuff, hope it works!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greta just got a cysts (I think) 2 days ago. Its swollen in between toes and looks like a little ball, it bleed this morning and she keeps licking it. Im so scared! I saw an article about soaking it in Epsom Salt for 10 min 3x a day, and some antiseptic cream and stuff, hope it works!

Sounds like an interdigital cyst. I just commented on your other thread.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like an interdigital cyst. I just commented on your other thread.

Agreed

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.