URGENT!!! Spinal Stenosis

Bessland4

Apr 9, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Abe
We adopted a 5 year old male from a local couple who had to move and couldn't keep their bully. We have had him a year with no irregular issues that most bullys have. But over the past few months he has become more and more aggressive to the point of attacking my female great dane and biting at me when I discipline him for jumping up on a chair to try and take food from the kids or trying to move him out of the way. I never am rough or mean or threatening. He reacts to my husband when he is playing with the kids or raises his voice by coming after him to bite him. We took him to the vet and a trainer. Trainer said he was fine for her. Vet says he has spinal stenosis. Put him on novox. He has gotten a little better but is still aggressive. I cant handle the stress this is causing in the family. I sure could use some advice as what I can do to help with the aggression and to relieve his pain. I have had many dogs and a bully for 14 years and never had this issue. Need advise please..

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=18221]Bessland4[/MENTION], a dog that’s in pain will tend to get mood swings. Especially if they have spinal stenosis which is compression on the spinal cord or nerves. Till the pain isn’t controlled, aggressions will be around for a little while till meds kicks in. What kind of test did your vet do? If it’s 100% spinal stenosis, get some frankincense and rub a few drops where the pain is. Frankincense can be use straight n not diluted. You will see a difference in his mood swings as the pain will drop.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have SS, and it IS very painful. Have you had any xrays done, or the vet just said so?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We adopted a 5 year old male from a local couple who had to move and couldn't keep their bully. We have had him a year with no irregular issues that most bullys have. But over the past few months he has become more and more aggressive to the point of attacking my female great dane and biting at me when I discipline him for jumping up on a chair to try and take food from the kids or trying to move him out of the way. I never am rough or mean or threatening. He reacts to my husband when he is playing with the kids or raises his voice by coming after him to bite him. We took him to the vet and a trainer. Trainer said he was fine for her. Vet says he has spinal stenosis. Put him on novox. He has gotten a little better but is still aggressive. I cant handle the stress this is causing in the family. I sure could use some advice as what I can do to help with the aggression and to relieve his pain. I have had many dogs and a bully for 14 years and never had this issue. Need advise please..

see if your vet offers laser therapy, if not find one that does. My boy has fused vertebrae and it is amazing how it reliefs the pain without any medication. Do the laser and the essential oils that Helene mentioned and you may have a good chance of him getting the relief he needs

here is a great article on some natural remedies for arthritis and inflammation which might help too
https://healthypets.mercola.com/sit...n=20190310Z1&et_cid=DM273394&et_rid=564408052

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
As mentioned try laser therapy. Can also try acupuncture and CBD oil as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.