Senility setting in?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Early days I think. He was needy again last night so we gave him melatonin and he settled down on his bed in the utility room. We gave him his second dose of Senilife this morning but we have to go out tonight so he will again be alseep in the utility room. I am really pleased now that we got a camera for in there a couple of years ago so we can see what's going on when we are gone. The next few nights we will be home so that will be the test to see if these pills are helping. By all accounts, if they do, they work quite quickly. We did notice he appeared to be in a bit of a fog when we took him out to pee this morning. He was a bit better later. He is such a sweet boy.

Hey Pam --- how has Monty been doing?

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Hey Pam --- how has Monty been doing?

Thank you for asking. He has his ups and downs. We got him a Thunder shirt and that does help. When he starts to get anxious and very needy (barking at me), we put it on him and he will sometimes then go and take a nice nap. More often, I have to get on the floor with him and give him big hugs, then he settles down and will take a nap. We tried him on calming pills but we have taken him off those. For now, we are managing quite well and he is usually fine during the day and overnight. It's just the evenings that it affects him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for asking. He has his ups and downs. We got him a Thunder shirt and that does help. When he starts to get anxious and very needy (barking at me), we put it on him and he will sometimes then go and take a nice nap. More often, I have to get on the floor with him and give him big hugs, then he settles down and will take a nap. We tried him on calming pills but we have taken him off those. For now, we are managing quite well and he is usually fine during the day and overnight. It's just the evenings that it affects him.

Happy to hear the thundershirt is helping and you did not have to do long term medicine. Give him a hug for me :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.