Soft palate surgery

patricia

Apr 8, 2011
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Bulldog(s) Names
Kairos
Hello,
My bulldoggie Kairos had palate surgery yesterday... we got him today and he is very drowsy and tired... I am worried because he threw up food and is so slow and sleepy... is this normal?
HELP

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Yes, that is normal. Make sure not to give water for a few days...use ice chips. Also only do food a little at a time and soft for a few days.

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
It also depends on what they used to put him under. If they used ACE some bullies take longer to come around after it, so go slow with water and food. If he's still like that after being home 2 days I would call the vet and ask him.

OP
P

patricia

Apr 8, 2011
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Bulldog(s) Names
Kairos
Thannkkss!!! I was so worried... :whew:he's sleeping now and I think he hates the canned food that I bought him :bully: i will have to try a different one and hopefully yummier!
Will try the ice!!! thank you for the suggestions :up:
Any other tips will be appreciated!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
How is your baby this morning? Welcome to EBN. Hope you will post some pix once things settle down. Would love to see your bully. :)

L

Lucy-licious

Aww hope your baby is feeling better soon :hug:

Welcome to EBN by the way to you and Kairos xx

L

Lucy-licious

Aww hope your baby is feeling better soon :hug:

Welcome to EBN by the way to you and Kairos xx

OP
P

patricia

Apr 8, 2011
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Bulldog(s) Names
Kairos
hi! will post some pics of my baby soon
hes not doing so great.. he threw up 8 times!!! Called the vet and he told me to stop giving him the antibiotics (preventive) and to only give him tramadol - for pain and to get him some pediasure and start feeding him again tomorrow :( i know he's hungry ... he's been sleeping a lot and looks better that yesterday...
thanks so much for the support!!! am new to this place and i love it already.. i LOVE bullies :p
have a great one, GOd bless

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
hi! will post some pics of my baby soon
hes not doing so great.. he threw up 8 times!!! Called the vet and he told me to stop giving him the antibiotics (preventive) and to only give him tramadol - for pain and to get him some pediasure and start feeding him again tomorrow :( i know he's hungry ... he's been sleeping a lot and looks better that yesterday...
thanks so much for the support!!! am new to this place and i love it already.. i LOVE bullies :p
have a great one, GOd bless

awww I feel for you.. I think everyone gave you great advice. My bully ( who is 3) was also sick the past three days to I totally understand how you feel. I think the hardest part is that our babies can't talk to tell us how they feel. I am new here also and everyone is so very nice and very supportive.. Hope your bully feels better really soon! Take care

Karen and Duke

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Our Chesty had soft palate surgery and his nose drilled out some a few years back. Our vet would not let him come home tell he was sure he was healed, about 4 or 5 days.... I remember going to "visit" him at the vet. and thinking he loved them more then me as he was king of the roost. They let him run loose in the back with the vets and the techs. So we never saw any problems when he came home he was already on soft food and water. I hope your baby is feeling better soon... Welcome to the site and can't wait for pictures.

OP
P

patricia

Apr 8, 2011
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Bulldog(s) Names
Kairos
Helllo!!! Thanks to allllll
I posted an album with his pics... dont know how to post them here :bust: so you can see the album at my profile

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.